Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Just saw the scenes between Jill and Dina and I kind of loved them!

Please register in order to view this content

Those scenes reminded me of ATWT's Lucinda and Lisa, if you saw them from a distance, you might mistake them for two ladies who are simply being cordial and exchanging pleasantries but observe both up close the dialogue is dripping with venom mixed with plastered on smiles.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JW's return and the return of intelligent writing for Jill. What a difference a few months makes! 

The Worm was actually used well this week and in places where it was organic - nothing was forced with Graham or Phyllis. Allowing JC to goes less OTT helps. 

Love the way the whole Juliet/Cane/Lily/Hilary + Jill/Victoria/Billy/Abbott siblings, etc. worked this week. I'll admit I liked Colin 'being there' for Cane. It's a glaring omission that Cane does not have a single friend on the show. He only in-laws and that includes Jill and Billy now - and all except for Colin and Jill are completely against him. That needs to change.

The Graham's been there for me through difficult times (less than a year) means there's more to it. I'm still convinced they are related, because Dina is not one to let just anybody into her close circle immediately. Regardless, I'm still into that storyline. And thank you MA/JW. 

• Members

I actually think they are stunning together. Chemistry may or may not be there. But in a still shot....kapow. Lol

Which is just as well cause I don't want either one of those pairings except Neil. Although I did love her with Paul but like you said, no story. 

• Members

This is the first week of Y&R I've watched in months. I was impressed.

Jess Walton's return was classic British soap style - the legs emerging from the convertible. She's looking great. 

The Dina/Jill scenes were so good. Marla and Jess have such perfect chemistry. Hell, when Dina got up from the table we got a Jill Abbott hair toss!

• Members

I just don't think pairing them is on anyone's radar. Has nothing to do with anything other than that. Neil's lowkey, Ashley's a bit more stubborn and feisty, but I don't know that them together would set the world on fire, but I think it'd be nice if they explored truly pairing them. For some reason I think they'd go good together.

I know they've been there before but it wasn't really much of anything. I mean truly pairing them and committing to it and writing a nice mature love story for them.

Archived