Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dragonflies

"Roseanne" revival in the works

76 posts in this topic

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! 

This is the revival I've been hoping to see! 

I won't set myself up for disappointment, but I'm hoping however they do it is in line with how they're doing Will & Grace. I don't care if they pretend Dan never died. It could be a 10 episode arc of Roseanne's writings, just like the entire final season. That's their leeway. 

Thankfully, all the core people are still around and are hopefully on-board. We've lost Nana Mary (Shelley Winters) and Glenn Quinn (Mark). I wonder how Estelle Parsons (Bev) is doing. She's 89. I just looked her up, and they did a "Where Are They Now" on OWN with her 2 years back and she was a feisty New Yorker power-walking in the park, looking wonderful at 87. 

They could have a little fun with the two Beckys switching back 'n forth. 

Oh this makes me more excited than any of the other 90's revivals. I can't wait :):):)

I say ignore the final season and they'll definitely have to kill off Mark since GQ has passed. I just wish Roseanne Barr wasn't such an unlikeable [!@#$%^&*]

If Roseanne's self-destructive ego can be kept on a leash and the final season can be ignored, I'm all for it. Still one of the very best sitcoms ever made.

Edited by Vee

That's one of the worst things you've ever said.

Roseanne was trash after the fifth season, IMO. Last season was a trash-joke. The first few seasons still kill me in multiple ways.

I loved Roseanne.  But I agree with the John Goodman comment - they'd have to just ignore that he died or they would do it without him, and I wouldn't want that.  That last season was awful.  We also don't know what network is reviving it - (or do we?) because they could do it on CBS.  It would be a problem for Sarah Gilbert and Galecki (SP)...if they don't.

3 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

wonder how Estelle Parsons (Bev) is doing. She's 89. I just looked her up, and they did a "Where Are They Now" on OWN with her 2 years back and she was a feisty New Yorker power-walking in the park, looking wonderful at 87. 

I just looked up that OWN Where Are They Now episode with Estelle and for 87 at the time she looked and sounded amazing - she basically hadn't aged. And what a huge apartment!

The first 6 season are the best (IMO, the show really hits its stride in seasons 4-6, with 5 being the best). Bruce Helford was the EP in season 5, so good news that he seems to be involved in this revival. 

I'll always have a soft spot for Roseanne (show and woman) - the show is like the best comfort food, and has aged amazingly well overall. 

Edited by BetterForgotten