wingwalker

Y&R: Actress off contract

84 posts in this topic

Half-baked storylines like an internationally known South American drug kingpin that looks EXACTLY like a local prominent business man, that has no accent and is brought to town to assume his identity?  

 

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GMac said:

Half-baked storylines like an internationally known South American drug kingpin that looks EXACTLY like a local prominent business man, that has no accent and is brought to town to assume his identity?  

 

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

 

+1 :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GMac said:

Half-baked storylines like an internationally known South American drug kingpin that looks EXACTLY like a local prominent business man, that has no accent and is brought to town to assume his identity?  

 

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

 

😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GMac said:

Half-baked storylines like an internationally known South American drug kingpin that looks EXACTLY like a local prominent business man, that has no accent and is brought to town to assume his identity?  

 

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

 

This!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GMac said:

Half-baked storylines like an internationally known South American drug kingpin that looks EXACTLY like a local prominent business man, that has no accent and is brought to town to assume his identity?  

 

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

 

:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GMac said:

Half-baked storylines like an internationally known South American drug kingpin that looks EXACTLY like a local prominent business man, that has no accent and is brought to town to assume his identity?  

 

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

 

...with an Italian name no less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GMac said:

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

 

Agree.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GMac said:

Half-baked storylines like an internationally known South American drug kingpin that looks EXACTLY like a local prominent business man, that has no accent and is brought to town to assume his identity?  

 

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

 

Oh yeah. LOL. I quit watching until that story and StePhyllis was over. The last two times I took long breaks were doppelgänger (whatever whack job they had TEB play - instant shut off when she turned around). 

 

At least Pratt's version was a fun H8 watch. This isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

 

At least Pratt's version was a fun H8 watch. This isn't. 

 

LOL!  It so wasn't.  It was disgraceful.  

 

Hilary's amnesia and love for her ex-husband father-in-law kidnapper?!?  That wasn't fun to watch.  Not even hate watch.

 

IKWYDLS rip-off with Abby's retcon affair with Austin?  

 

2 years of Crazy Sharon under Pratt.

 

Victor porking the prison doctor and walking around the prison willy nilly.

 

Shall I go on?  You enjoyed this trash?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GMac said:

 

LOL!  It so wasn't.  It was disgraceful.  

 

Hilary's amnesia and love for her ex-husband father-in-law kidnapper?!?  That wasn't fun to watch.  Not even hate watch.

 

IKWYDLS rip-off with Abby's retcon affair with Austin?  

 

2 years of Crazy Sharon under Pratt.

 

Victor porking the prison doctor and walking around the prison willy nilly.

 

Shall I go on?  You enjoyed this trash?

 

 

It was so bad. But everyday I had something to laugh at or roll my eyes.

 

But are Jorm and Villy that enjoyable? Jill crawling back to Colin? Lauren an unhinged shrew who needs THVN and Chipmunk to save her son? Chloe dumping her kid? Faith sMuggin her way into the red-hot Nelsea relationship? But there's always RavIT... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

 

It was so bad. But everyday I had something to laugh at or roll my eyes.

 

But are Jorm and Villy that enjoyable? Jill crawling back to Colin? Lauren an unhinged shrew who needs THVN and Chipmunk to save her son? Chloe dumping her kid? Faith sMuggin her way into the red-hot Nelsea relationship? But there's always RavIT... 

 

No, jorm and villy are not enjoyable. I don't see Jill crawling, but perception is reality.

 

Look.  Has SS "wowed" me?  Not consistently.  What she's done so far with structuring story isn't impressive.  But the moments that have worked have been wonderful.

 

Sharon saying goodbye to Dylan.  The Hevon "goodbye" scene earlier this week.  The story of "the ring" from Katherine's letter.  The Abbot breakfast scene.  You get the picture.  There are others.

 

These character interactions are more important to me than plane crashes, high rise infernos and doppelgängers.  They are genuine.  I fell in love with this medium to cry and laugh with characters I care about, not for shock value.  I most certainly don't watch for a "fun hate watch".  All I see then is a character that looks like Neil, but isn't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, DeeeDee said:

Clementine Ford wasn't a bad Mackenzie. It took her awhile to adapt to the pacing of daytime tv but once she got the hang of things she acquitted herself well and was definitely the best Mackenzie (after AshBash of course).

 

Tammin's Colleen (along with CK's Lily) spent a good portion of her last couple of years on the show devoted to fighting with Amber & Chloe over men. Sharon & Billy's affair was essentially to prop Chloe who had been written into a corner & was on the losing end of a couple of different relationships (Billy/Mackenzie, Cane/Lily) by that point.

 

Ashley Bashioum (Ash Bash) was the only Mackenzie I liked. Clementine made her so damn boring and not deep as Ash Bash was. Kelly Kruger wasn't bad. Too bad with Colleen AL was not ever brought back to at least save the character.

 

Good riddance to that petulant child Chloe....I don't like her.

Edited by StevieNicksfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GMac said:

 

Sharon saying goodbye to Dylan.  The Hevon "goodbye" scene earlier this week.  The story of "the ring" from Katherine's letter.  The Abbot breakfast scene.  You get the picture.  There are others.

 

 

That's like a good episode or two a month. How many Abbott breakfast since the 'first' one? Sharon/Dylan goodbye was excellent, but preceded with several cheesy and unnecessary episodes - probably the same ones that 'bro hugged' Cane. The problem is that the really good stuff is the exception, not the rule. I'm also having a hard time understanding why every woman on the show now is a victim or completely dependent on a man - starting with Jill, Lauren, Victoria, etc. It's clear Jill is going to 'follow her heart' back to Colin. Just NO. Even the Chloe exit could be flipped - have Chloe come clean to Chelsea, throw Victor under the bus and if she needs to go away, let Chloe make a responsible choice by giving Bella to Ester - not dumping on Chipmunk turned superhero Kevin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

 

That's like a good episode or two a month. How many Abbott breakfast since the 'first' one? Sharon/Dylan goodbye was excellent, but preceded with several cheesy and unnecessary episodes - probably the same ones that 'bro hugged' Cane. The problem is that the really good stuff is the exception, not the rule. I'm also having a hard time understanding why every woman on the show now is a victim or completely dependent on a man - starting with Jill, Lauren, Victoria, etc. It's clear Jill is going to 'follow her heart' back to Colin. Just NO. Even the Chloe exit could be flipped - have Chloe come clean to Chelsea, throw Victor under the bus and if she needs to go away, let Chloe make a responsible choice by giving Bella to Ester - not dumping on Chipmunk turned superhero Kevin. 

 

+1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 8:26 PM, GMac said:

 

 But the moments that have worked have been wonderful.

 

 

 

That's all she's done. She gives few and far between moments with no story or just horrible stories. Katherine giving Jill the ring back was more about forgiving Colin than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.