Y&R: Actress off contract

• Members

Half-baked storylines like an internationally known South American drug kingpin that looks EXACTLY like a local prominent business man, that has no accent and is brought to town to assume his identity?  

Please.  Let's not pretend that prior to Sally that the show was watchable.  It wasn't.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yeah. LOL. I quit watching until that story and StePhyllis was over. The last two times I took long breaks were doppelgänger (whatever whack job they had TEB play - instant shut off when she turned around). 

At least Pratt's version was a fun H8 watch. This isn't. 

• Members

LOL!  It so wasn't.  It was disgraceful.  

Hilary's amnesia and love for her ex-husband father-in-law kidnapper?!?  That wasn't fun to watch.  Not even hate watch.

IKWYDLS rip-off with Abby's retcon affair with Austin?  

2 years of Crazy Sharon under Pratt.

Victor porking the prison doctor and walking around the prison willy nilly.

Shall I go on?  You enjoyed this trash?

• Members

It was so bad. But everyday I had something to laugh at or roll my eyes.

But are Jorm and Villy that enjoyable? Jill crawling back to Colin? Lauren an unhinged shrew who needs THVN and Chipmunk to save her son? Chloe dumping her kid? Faith sMuggin her way into the red-hot Nelsea relationship? But there's always RavIT... 

• Members

No, jorm and villy are not enjoyable. I don't see Jill crawling, but perception is reality.

Look.  Has SS "wowed" me?  Not consistently.  What she's done so far with structuring story isn't impressive.  But the moments that have worked have been wonderful.

Sharon saying goodbye to Dylan.  The Hevon "goodbye" scene earlier this week.  The story of "the ring" from Katherine's letter.  The Abbot breakfast scene.  You get the picture.  There are others.

These character interactions are more important to me than plane crashes, high rise infernos and doppelgängers.  They are genuine.  I fell in love with this medium to cry and laugh with characters I care about, not for shock value.  I most certainly don't watch for a "fun hate watch".  All I see then is a character that looks like Neil, but isn't.

• Members

Ashley Bashioum (Ash Bash) was the only Mackenzie I liked. Clementine made her so damn boring and not deep as Ash Bash was. Kelly Kruger wasn't bad. Too bad with Colleen AL was not ever brought back to at least save the character.

Good riddance to that petulant child Chloe....I don't like her.

• Members

That's like a good episode or two a month. How many Abbott breakfast since the 'first' one? Sharon/Dylan goodbye was excellent, but preceded with several cheesy and unnecessary episodes - probably the same ones that 'bro hugged' Cane. The problem is that the really good stuff is the exception, not the rule. I'm also having a hard time understanding why every woman on the show now is a victim or completely dependent on a man - starting with Jill, Lauren, Victoria, etc. It's clear Jill is going to 'follow her heart' back to Colin. Just NO. Even the Chloe exit could be flipped - have Chloe come clean to Chelsea, throw Victor under the bus and if she needs to go away, let Chloe make a responsible choice by giving Bella to Ester - not dumping on Chipmunk turned superhero Kevin. 

Archived