YRBB

Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

419 posts in this topic

First all this, and then did you actually use the status feed just to quote another poster? For the love of god, get a blog.

Edited by Vee

I'm struggling with this show again. January was better. Where are characters like Hilary, Devon, Mariah, Sharon, Kevin, Chloe, Abby, Nick, Chelsea. Even though I complain about all of those people I'd rather see some balance then see the same 5 people for weeks. I'm sick to [!@#$%^&*] death of Billy and Victoria. 

so much dislike.  To each their own.  I find myself more intrigued with the show, and cannot wait to come home and watch it.  I like Colin, and I am enjoying Jill's story.  The whole hostage thing is just okay.  I don't think it is needed to bring Scott back.  I thought little Johnny was cute.  I don't think that whole part was needed at all.  Overall though, I find myself less everyday fast forwarding like I was under Pratt.  

3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I'll be surprised if she is still around next February sweeps. The stuff with Billy and Victoria with their son today was downright bad...awful ....cringeworthy.

Remember when she first started and people didn't like her stuff. Add to that more hate for her stories and continued ratings drops will only lead to her firing soon.

What??? I'm thinking your talking about Reed.

15 minutes ago, MoTheGreat said:

What??? I'm thinking your talking about Reed.

No....it's their son Johnny.

Billy to Johnny: Now Johnny why did you push her down.

Johnny: Grinning

Victoria to Billy: Pointing at Billy to continue the conversation since she couldn't get him to talk.

Billy to Johnny: Now why did you push her down

Really????????

49 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

No....it's their son Johnny.

Billy to Johnny: Now Johnny why did you push her down.

Johnny: Grinning

Victoria to Billy: Pointing at Billy to continue the conversation since she couldn't get him to talk.

Billy to Johnny: Now why did you push her down

Really????????

This whole situation is a mistake!! If I was a writer on this show. There will be a lot of purging going on, especially with the children.

Edited by MoTheGreat

3 hours ago, Vee said:

First all this, and then did you actually use the status feed just to quote another poster? For the love of god, get a blog.

Can we please vote this hollier then thou sanctimonious self important person off the island?

5 hours ago, Fevuh said:

I was on vacation for alot of the week last week, and only saw a few minutes between Monday and today.  Colin finds a ring (another surprise from Katherine I guess?)...and will just double cross Jill again. ??  Yawn.  Lauren traipsing from house to house beggin' for money - and I saw today screetching at Victor (who will never be redeemed to me)....about how to handle getting Scott back...?  Screetching at the person that is putting up the money?  I saw Lily in scanty clothes with Cain again....and turned it off.  What is going on - on this show?  I'm a writer for a company but it's Marketing...and I could do better than this.  Hell, I think any of us could give it a better whirl than this.  It's one thing to spend a little time getting characters back to stability, a little quieting down, but it's time for something to happen.  There hasn't been anything really building at all for a story on this show. 

The ratings are reflecting it.  I'm not the only one who is back to barely watching after re-joining 3 and a half or 4 years ago.  The positive is that they had some room to lose some viewers compared to other shows and every other show is pretty much biting it far worse than Y&R is (save B&B but even that's dropped recently - I'm at the same stage with that show - 5 minutes here or there).  The negative is that they're taking every opportunity they can to lose more viewers.  I was shocked to read DAYS got another year extension...it's sad to watch the remaining 4 go down in flames whether I ever watched 2 of them or not.

You watch 5 minutes here or there and have all these opinions? And all of them negative? Uh....ok.

54 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

You watch 5 minutes here or there and have all these opinions? And all of them negative? Uh....ok.

I truly am barely watching, the ratings are showing it. Is everyone a housewife still...or are the people working from home (I am working from home).    Y&R is now below Guiding Light and World Turns Levels for 18-49 Women, but they're doing really really awesome.  They're fine.  They're GREAT.  If people post and it's negative, maybe they should listen.  Hell, I'm old and know nothing.  So ignore me.  You've got MILLIONS of 11 to 18 year old girls tuning in every day. (SARCASM)

Edited by Fevuh

4 hours ago, Fevuh said:

I truly am barely watching, the ratings are showing it. Is everyone a housewife still...or are the people working from home (I am working from home).    Y&R is now below Guiding Light and World Turns Levels for 18-49 Women, but they're doing really really awesome.  They're fine.  They're GREAT.  If people post and it's negative, maybe they should listen.  Hell, I'm old and know nothing.  So ignore me.  You've got MILLIONS of 11 to 18 year old girls tuning in every day. (SARCASM)

The ratings are fine. Week by week trends are rarely based on what is on screen that week. To see trends for that it takes time. Also, Y&R is falling at a similar rate as all of CBS primetime. With DVR and internet streaming everything is down. You can't compare it to Guiding Light or ATWT...

I saw that Amelia Heinle and Thad Luckinbill are divorcing. I'm surprised there is not a thread about it.

4 minutes ago, SoapDope said:

I saw that Amelia Heinle and Thad Luckinbill are divorcing. I'm surprised there is not a thread about it.

Had no idea, TBH. I haven't been checking for AH or TL at all. However, whenever there are kids involved it is always sad. 

Just now, DramatistDreamer said:

Had no idea, TBH. I haven't been checking for AH or TL at all. However, whenever there are kids involved it is always sad. 

I just ran across it by accident when reading the news on google.

1 hour ago, SoapDope said:

I just ran across it by accident when reading the news on google.

Wasn't she on that ski slope " Cocaine" or some kind of drugs. I wonder is she back on it. People always saying she looks bad.