Y&R: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AND the merger of Newman and Jabot is apparently history.  WTF?  I'm with you piper.  I'm all for speeding things up a little, but this is too much.  What's the point in investing in these stories when they're either over before you know it or drag on way too long and won't have any impact to anything the character does next. 

The Sag lovefest yesterday made me lose my lunch.  This is the worst pairing yet for Nick.

• Members

What happened to Marisa's accent???  And does anyone know....what are they going to do to get Chelsea and Gabe/Adam back to Genoa City if they're buying a house and making their life in Paris???  I just don't get what that part is about...the woman they met with seemed a little weird to me.  Please tell me they're not going to go the route of the house being haunted.  ugh.

• Members

I agree with most of your post GMac although Thyme and Nick don't bother me.  In fact there was a lot to like about that wedding in the park today. Faith was adorable, Kyle was okay as the minister mostly because he wasn't pretending to be heterosexual and imo Nick was Gone With The Wind old school gorgeous.   I also really liked the last scene where he gently lowered Sage onto the bed being careful not to lay on top of her.  So sweet and romantic.  Sage isn't perfect but she's a hell of a lot more interesting with Nick than Avery was or even Sharon this last time.  She's got more layers to her. 

Loved, loved , loved the scenes with Sharon today.  SC was just awesome.  I forget sometimes how good she can be when given good soapy material.  She managed to make SB look like a good actor, convincing for the first time in a long time.  But the best was Sharon with Mariah when Sharon told Mariah she lost the baby.  I got choked up it was so natural and real with those two.  That scene alone was worth the price of admission for the whole show today.  Why can't we get more of that kind of stuff and less of the dumbass Devon story and Chadam going round and round in Paris?

• Members

I really liked Nage's wedding. Faith was adorable and Marissa continues to shine. So far JFP and CP have hired great newbies. Looking forward to Luca and that other exotic girl that's coming to town. Keep the fresh new faces coming.  oh and it was great seeing Chadam. Love that couple!

I think Kyle needs to be recast or Summer needs a new love interest.  

• Members

Another year, another wedding for Nick...ho-hum.. Once he learns she lied about Adam, he'll go back to being an ignorant bastard an start yelling about being lied to...He's going to take their child he doesn't want raised by a liar, blah blah, blah... Maybe then we'll finally see the end of Sag the Hag...

So I see UpChuck watched "Gone Girl"...So original, like the schlocky(poorly told) teen story(I Know what Harding Did To Bummer).

Newman, Jabot, Newman-Abbott, Newman, Jabot...who gets Chelsea's clothing Line...Remember when business stories were interesting to watch, not the same 8-10 people standing around throwing zingers at one another???? Abby fits in  a business story like a square peg in a round hole...and Stitch needs to go.  I'd much rather see Ashley in scenes w/Leigh J McCloskey's Dr. Kurt Costner than as someone coined him"baby head"

Please register in order to view this content

Where the **** is Jill!!!???

• Members

Well it looks like GR won't get his gay storyline.  It looks like Kevin and Mariah will become a couple.  CP please spare us love scenes between these two, please!

Mariah's feeling were hurt because she wasn't invited to Nage's wedding?  I wonder if she is BP like her mothe

• Members

I scanned for it and have yet to sit and read it completely, but something about how the seasons work on her ranch if I remember correctly. The article was 1 page and about who Jill will be mixing it up with I believe next week. And WOW. That is a long vacation.

Saw part of Y&R today. And maybe it's because I remember before I stopped being a regular viewer how much Chelsea wanted to be a fashion designer, but I was annoyed that Victor trapped her in town by now owning her fashion house.

Who knew I cared?

Everything else was meh. I did love see Abbott/Newman drama. But that was mostly to see ED.

Archived