Days 50th to feature a "killer twist"

• Members

My thoughts exactly. Either they're overstating the whole thing, or we really are getting another serial killer...

After all, what says "Happy 50th Anniversary" quite like, Yeah, I'm the one who killed half of this show's veterans and most of the characters people actually liked while leaving the bad ones alive?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And really, there have been times recently when I felt like DAYS has one of the smallest on-contract casts on daytime TV.  There might be SOME dead weight, but just how much can they afford to jettison?

• Members

All I can say is I'm coming back because of the promises Ken made to the long-time viewers like myself who left... but if the casualties include anyone from the list of returning vets, I may well head back out the door.

Your call, Days. :)

• Members

I get wanting to see favorites on-screen but it means nothing if the writing isn't there. Sure it helps but DAYS has squandered soooo many returns over the years. How are new viewers supposed to care if the writers don't connect you with the returning vets on an emotional level. Most of us care because we know them. I think that's why so many returns over the years have flopped. Why would viewers care about Austin or Carrie? Or Steve and Kayla? I think Steve and Kayla's initial re-entrance was handled nicely but I hope they make up for it this time by showing us them falling in love again and why they worked before. That's how you make people care again.

• Members

So much love for this post. SO much. It's not just about the the character/actor coming back. Otherwise, no returning vet would ever flop and be written out once again. It's about also writing them in character, giving them good stories, making them matter once more. And that's what they almost all always forget (or don't know).

• Members

Exactly. I mean how is that a long-forgotten character like Kristen came back after 15 years with just a few connections on canvas, but was a force for a year? The writing, of course, which is also what failed Kristen in the two subsequent returns.

• Members

I have to hope Griffith, of all people, will be able to tell a decent serial killer/murder mystery plotline. I'm sure he has some of Malone in him. I'm clinging to hope that Griffith and Higs can balance each other out and give us a great DAYS.

He did. Go figure. That never crossed my mind at the time. It was used in the context of bringing Andre back and Jack's million deaths so I didn't even put too much thought into it. I bet he did.

And this is random but I just re-read the Tams re-joins DAYS TVInsider(?) story and it says she returned to filming in June and won't air until December. I thought it was 5 months out, did I miss where we are now 6 months out? Reeediculous.

Archived