Y&R JULY 2015

• Members

MM didn't get her hired. Don't hate her because she is beautiful. lol

I am looking forward to Lily and Joe. Love new couples, especially when they have so much heat. I never cared much for Lily but she is very good with Joe.

Speculation: The new Latin hunk, make that rich hunk, will be the next guy to come between Abby and Summer.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, being on JFP's show Hollywood Heights got her hired, MM's bad behavior guaranteed we're stuck with her. Also, I've seen prettier girls working in my local supermarket. Looks shouldn't get you a job, talent should. HK seemed decent at first, but has been less than impressive since about 2014. The ridiculous story with Austin was the beginning of her just showing up. With a little direction, and a coach, she could benefit. I'd like to see her do well, she just hasn't shown up in a long time. The insta-romance with her former brother Kyle hasn't helped.

• Members

I think Hunter King is a fine actress who does good work when given the right material (she did great with Austin's death and the Abby affair reveal). The problem is they want Summer to be the generic blonde ingenue thrown into flop insta pairing after flop insta pairing. She was far more interesting when she was bullying that kid with Fen, causing Chelsea to miscarry and just being an overall mess.

They'd rather throw Summer, Noah, Kyle, etc into stupid murder plots and quick relationships instead of taking time to really develop them. That whole generation was aged way too quickly and no real time has ever been spent developing strong, dynamic personalities. They are all a collective bore minus Mariah and they refuse to give her anything meaty to do.

• Members

I like Hunter King. It's trying to make her a lead heroine that isn't right, at least not right now. Her counterpoint should be Mariah, in regular story equally showcasing both, with Summer as the child of privilege.

• Members
I agree. But instead they want her rival to be Abby. HHK and MO together is a train wreck. Mariah and CG could make either far more interesting.

I also think they are asking too much of HHK. Too much focus and airtime. She's not capable of playing some heroine. Everyone just can't pull that off. Whoever predicted in Feb that the audience would soon hate summer was correct.

• Members

HK failed miserably during the cabin scenes. Some of those were painful to watch. It doesn't help when she's completely outshined by MO. I'm sure she's terrified everytime CG is in one of scenes, because usually with half the dialogue. She's very much a weak link on the show.

How sad is when I was hoping Phyllis would bang either Stitch on Wed or GrampaBilly in Victor's office yesterday to get her away from Jack. Gosh, this has to be rare case where the de-aged character and put her with someone older. Thought for sure Phyllis was going to be moved back away from the old folks. Makes no sense.

• Members

Speaking of PJ (plain Jane Mariah), someone should tell her to stop stalking people she hates. Why is she at Summer's apartment? Maybe someone should tell PJ that you don't pay social calls to people you hate. I did notice that PJ wasn't snarky yesterday. Now she has become Kevin's shadow? Obviously the powers that be at Y&R didn't get the memo about how great Mariah is.

Speaking of PJ (plain Jane Mariah), someone should tell her to stop stalking people she hates. Why is at Summer's apartment? Maybe someone should tell PJ that you don't pay social calls to people you hate. I did notice that PJ wasn't snarky yesterday. Now she has become Kevin's shadow? Obviously the powers that be at Y&R didn't get the memo about how great Mariah is. If they did the writers would at least pretend to be interested in her. lol

• Members

Do you really think Marco is dead, just like that? Unless, they decided to completely pull the plug, I imagine that Marco is indeed alive and well and will be hitting a final peak around November sweeps. Truth be told, and I'm stunned to admit this, but I enjoyed watching PB as Marco. I think it's a similar to CG as Mariah. A character that isn't so constrained to history, but the actor is far more capable of edgier material.

I kind of enjoyed Victor shutting down Aunt Jack (yet again). Bringing up the Paragon stuff was smart. And, Jack thinks Victor is so evil, but Jack did kill all those people on the boat (yes, it was self-defense, desperate act), but both characters are severely stained. However, I'd rather watch Jack & Victor do their thing over a bunch of newbies we don't care about.

• Members

Jack isn't going to prison for blowing up a boat where was being held hostage! Victor cannot get away with all this [!@#$%^&*] and expect people to keep watching. It's HORRIBLE writing.

Archived