Days: July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you all think that mention of Salem's bicentennial the other day was part of a re-write by the new writers or do you think a bicentennial was already being planned by the old writers and that was carried on by Higley/Griffith?? I really can't imagine them going back and inserting scenes and having the actors get back into previous wardrobe just to film that one insert scene when Days is so focused on "we have to film at lighting speed to save money"... You guys' thoughts?

• Members

I think there's been bits and pieces of inserts for a while now, IMHO. Certain scenes we'd get we would have never gotten under TomSell.

So I see they quickly dumped Paul's mother. LOL. I know she's been off a while but still, I just have to LOL because of everyone who complained about her. I mean she did serve her purpose I suppose.

So I've tried to start watching regularly again and seriously, the show is beyond boring and I am struuuugling to remember anything to talk about ... but I did :D

I despised watching Daniel propose to Nicole in that gorgeous setting. He looked ridiculous, BTW and her hair looks like total [!@#$%^&*]. She looks so matronly now and I hate it. Yes they throw her in trashy wardrobe but at times, man she looks matronly. I really miss the real Nicole. I really don't recognize this woman. I also hate how Ericole have been written for a while now. Eric hates on Nicole. She whimpers and then moves on. Eric gets with Serena. Nicole really wants Eric and hates on Serena but then is now all in love with Daniel and they're being written as some endgame couple with ERIC as the interloper. Yeah, that's some [!@#$%^&*] right there.

Aiden and Hope do NOTHING for me. Hope is so empty as a character it's sad. I do love Daniel Cosgrove and I do like Aiden but I'm not that upset he's going. I do think there could have been more there and he didn't need to be sacrificed but it is what it is.

Chad and Abby are :wub:

Loove anytime Anne is on. I'm sort of tired of the rinse, wash, repeat with her though. She inserts her foot into her mouth because said person she was speaking too is of course involved someway with a Horton or a Brady. And because all of the episodes are seriously blurring together at this point, I loved the Kayla/Anne interaction. I assume that was this week. LOL.

I love how angsty Abby is over her pregnancy. It's so frustrating when she whines about Chad because, like Kayla clearly wanted to do, I want to slap her upside the head and get her to admit she'd pounce on Chad's dick anywhere and at anytime because she's in love with him.

They are really writing Will like Sami, or at least trying too. It just fails for me because Will isn't and shouldn't be Sami. Will was a fine character on his own. Unfortunately, pissy Will works better for Guy's portrayal so that's what we've got. Sonny deserves so much better than this version of Will. It's not even the same couple at this point. Sonny has been such a consistently written character and I love Freddie Smith so I'm sorry he's going. I wish Guy Wilson was leaving instead and Will was being recast. It's sad that I want the son of Lucas and Sami written out on any level.

I'm sooooo sooooo soooo sooooo sick of that blue room I could scream. Can they at least have a wall on the other side they can flip around and use that's another color? Damn.

I really like Justin and Kate's interactions. Wally and Lauren are great actors anyway but play well together. Judi Evans has also been so good. I'm glad we've been able to be reminded (not that I forgot) of what a great actress she is. Adrienne became a character again and not just Sonny's interfering bitchy one-note mother. Yes, that's how they wrote her for a long time and that's how she came across. I started to actually like Lucas and Adrienne together but eh ... it's time to move on. They're nice but something has just never worked for me. I really want Sami's reaction to them though. PLEASE! I'd love it if Ava were an interloper for Justin and Adrienne.

What's going on with Casey Moss's appearance? Of course he looks great, but he also looks a bit tired. Out at night too much? Is he seriously with True O'Brien? Lord I hope she's more exciting than her character is. Paige works better as a bitch, but that's because a weak actress can play bitchier better than a whimpering heroine. I've seen it before. BYE FELICIA! I'd rather see Bev, who was glorious with Paige as usual. Are Bev and Rory safe in the writer swap? I hope Anne is. I know the actress was clearly still taping. I'm disappointed T is going, or already gone. :/ I mean, I get why writers dump characters the other regime created but sometimes there are many who I wish they'd keep, or would have kept, on.

And man did Jennifer look old, haggard and tired. And just awful clothing. I swear they hate her on set or something. She usually looks terrible and they dress her awful. Missy pissed someone off. And what's going to happen with her? Because Jennifer no longer lives and breathes the Sainted One she gets zero airtime. She really has NOTHING going on and I admit I was actually surprised to see her and interacting with JJ. I love Jennifer's relationships with her kids, for the most part, actually, and think Missy plays it well but she bugs me with how she acts anymore. She just doesn't deliver it the way I think they are writing it to come across. She just comes off as a shrew who has veins that I can't stop staring at when she scrunches her face.

Rant over ....

EDIT:

Shame on me for forgetting John and Marlena's adorable scenes with Doug and Julie! THEY REMEMBER DOUG EXISTS! DOUG LIVES! Lol I do hate how they harp on Doug and Julie's cruising. I cringed a bit and could see Susan Hayes rolling her eyes at the crap when she was learning her lines and got her script, but kudos to her for selling it.

• Members

OMG he said that? LMAO. I love DAYS' script writers.

I watched Friday's show today and struggled to stay awake. Bitchifer and Mumbles were painful.

Casey Moss looks awful lately. He's letting himself go. Cut your hair, shave the dirt off the face ... JJ and Paige are so boring and repetitive. Zzzzz.

I like that Marlena isn't all that fooled by Clyde. I can't stand his smarmy southern "charm". I'm over him but I did sort of love him calling Abby a lying little slut.

LOVE Billy Flynn and Kate Mansi. Lord. I'll miss them whenever they bolt. You know they will. Mansi probably barely stayed this time.

So tired of Daniel/Nicole/Eric/Serena. It's been such an awful storyline from start to finish. And Xander is definitely a waste. So much potential with Paul Telfer and Melissa Archer and they were wasted on non-characters with zero shelf life. And Brady going on and on to Serena earlier in the week and then Nicole going on and on to her. Lord. I wanted both of them to shut up, especially Brady. Now you're all brotherly love with Eric? LOL and did anyone else LOL at how Daniel, Eric and Brady have all been with Nicole. Of course the worst version of Nicole has been with Daniel. He sucked the life out of Jennifer and Nicole. They look rode hard and just awful now after being with him.

• Members

I haven't seen one decent performance from him since he took over the role. Oh wait there was one scene where he was on top and getting humped by Paul…..:)

As for CM…he is looking so fine….he took over the hunk quota from the show….although more Derrick has been good...

Archived