B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Its the fashion industry and when there r already popular TG models out there, I dent see FC people having an issue with it professionally, she was only rehired cuz of negative press, Ridge, Steffy, Liam don't like Maya, even tho they may respect what she has gone through. I think Brooke still has issues with Maya personally

Maya is def still flawed IMO, the only peeps pimping her are Rick and Nicole, and those r a given!

Bell , that I recall, never billed the TG story as a PSA or a realistic view on the subject, he said it was a love story first and foremost, and its BB what do you expect LMAO

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steffy doesnt know Maya. I dont recall her expressing much of an opinion about her. I dont think Liam has an issue with her either. Throughout this whole takeover, his main focus was on Rick. Ridge is the only one at the top that dislikes her

Bell didnt bill this as a PSA but thats exactly what it has been

• Members

Exactly. That kind of acceptance just does not exist - especially when several relationships were contentious.The TG issue is big and, sorry, the number of people who 'get it' is ridiculously small. (I mean, seriously, doofus Charlie finding Maya's pills and immediately calling the TG issue?) However, I can ignore all that if B&B continues it's commitment to diversifying the cast both ethnically and sexually, because t it has been laughable that a show set in LA and the fashion industry is more whitebread than one set in Genoa City, Wisconsin. I'm extremely hopeful with the great find of RE and the casting of their parents (even if short-term or recurring). Jury is still out on Zende. Just please give LSV a hot romance - though, again, B&B did air a couple of his scripts, which was awesome.

• Members

Homosexuality and IR marriages are not accepted in tsmall owns/families as they are on soaps these days, but its a sop, so in the fashion industry, yeah I can believe it. I did have an issue with how fast Rick accepted it, but I moved on

For a soap, the Caroline/Maya scenes were believable, specially given their hypocritical history, more believable the a month of Ivy/Quinn scenes LOL

Nick is annoying

This story has been going on for a little over 3 months, which I give props to Bell for sticking with it this long LOL, wont be surprised if by the end of the year Maya gets cancer and dies LMAO!

• Members

The ending on Wednesday was just SOOOO good. Maya telling Nicole that bad thoughts often lead to crazy decisions - CUT: Alexandria standing in her room going all psycho again as she is stricken by grief and thoughts of Darla's accident (Again, I happily pass on the fact that ALy was NOT present at the site and therefore doesn't know exactly what happened). THis show usually has a tough playing dual storylines let alone properly link two of them, so this was a great treat, IMO.

And Ashlyn Pearce is playing this for the home run. Ever since she came back, she has one cliffhanger after another. Every single day. For an actress her age, she is doing amazing!

• Members

You're going to get exactly what you ask for. I thought that was the reason that they brought on her parents. The Forresters and Spencers can't be painted as bigots or unaccepting but the people who gave her life more than likely will be.

• Members

The scenes today with Maya and her father were REALLY good. The best since this story started. It actually came across realistic and not the PSA nonsense they've been doing. Im glad he isnt using her as it seemed like he was faking on Friday. Good material and good acting. I liked as it almost had me tearing up

This show hasnt been this focused on black characters since Marcus one month texting and driving story

• Members

She was on the backburner before she went on ML, besides their wedding, once Raya broke up the 1st time, Maya/Rick/Caro were shelved

2 eps in a row, good show today, but yeah the Pops is def up to something

Archived