ALL: Re-casts that changed a storyline?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thats not a change in personality. She doesnt like Emma. She being worrisome over a man she loves vs not caring for a brat that gave her a headache is completely different. I think a more accurate example for you would be Obrecht who is now some sympathetic family loving career woman, when just last year she was a cold hearted terrorist who could barely stand to show her child any affection

• Members

IDK - BE played Ashley so much like ED - just a little softer - I thought she was a lovely and class recast. BTW - was it her choice to leave? SS was so NOT Ashley - I could not stand watching scenes with her. Thank goodness ED came back.

And as mentioned HT-AH. They should've just come up with a "new" daughter for Victor and sent Victoria away. I'd even accepted "fraternal" twins when Victoria was born, if we could've kept the legacy of HT's Victoria as our memory of the character. But I REALLY don't feel strongly about this....

• Members

I didn't even like Max until NW played him. When DePaiva came back, I disliked the character again.

I think Edward Quartermaine's stories (the fact that he kept having them at all) changed with the recasts, because they kept getting younger. When I first saw GH in the late 70s, Edward (David Lewis) was in his 60s. He de-aged with John Ingle and again with Jed Allan. By the time Edward was killed off 2 years ago because of JI's death, he should have been at least 100 years old.

• Members

To me Brenda's Ashley came across as too sweet to be believable as the other woman in the Nikki/Victor/Ashley triangle, whereas Eileen's Ashley was more believable in that role. Remember how little Victoria thought of Eileen's Ashley as the wicked witch that took her daddy away? I can't picture Brenda's Ashley like that.

I'm pretty sure Brenda Epperson left Y&R by her own choice. She went on maternity leave in spring of 1995, was back before the summer, but was off the show just before Christmas.

Shari Shattuck was one of the worst recasts ever. That's really all that needs to be said.

• Members

All the various recasts of Frannie on ATWT. A lot of people rave about Julianne Moore's version, but I really liked Mary Ellen Stuart.

The odd recast of the Foster brothers on Y&R. Wings Hauser as Greg was bizarre and David Hasselhoff still can't act.

Y&R's dark haired John McCook's Lance Prentiss to to Dennis Cole's blonde Lance.

Archived