Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That music box stuff was so bad. Every time that plot was on it made me want to hit my head against my desk to stop the pain.

Yes, the Neil blindness stuff is overkill. I'm really not sure if it's the director getting it wrong or if it's KSJ's acting choices, but it's exaggerated and silly. Hopefully, it won't last long.

• Members

It ain't just the acting and directing, though. Everything Neil says to anyone is a variation on the following: "I was working on some wires in the house I bought for me and my sweet, adoring, faithful wife, Hilary, and the next thing you know, it was 'lights out'. (Get it?). But this blindness is only temporary, I tell you, so stop pitying me -- and for God's sake, stop helping me (as my crazy-eyed self stumbles over something)! I don't need your help! No, really, I don't! (Oh, [!@#$%^&*], who was that I just stepped on?) I'm only glad I have by my side my loyal wife, Hilary, who I trust completely, and whose love for me I can feel even right now. Yo, Devon! What's up, brah? You seem awfully quiet, what's goin' on?"

Meanwhile, the ghost of Helen Keller is like, "Will someone PLEASE tell the man about what happened in the laundry room at the health club? Or is my blind ass gonna have to cut a bitch?"

• Members

LMAO! You are too much!

Some of the dialogue I'm reading on Twitter is just ridiculous. Dance with my wife! Take care of my wife! My wife, my wife my wife... Its all just to stupid for folks who supposedly have been in this business so long and have tons of experience.

• Members

IA I enjoyed the angst more with Esmeralda (that name just cracks me up for some reason) or if they would have kept it with Tatyana Ali's character Bonnie? vs. Esme then Hillary comes into the fold to create conflict.... the triangles being about Devon on his own steam ... not his daddy. Neil doesn't have to be in this to create drama. I'm not a fan of these new school triangles because they are generally written like crap for the most part.... like this one.

Yep, I use to tune in specifically for this then around the time they made Jill Katherine' daughter and all that it began to change big time...but soaps do this while old viewers are going Huh? The character' entire persona is sometimes changed for new viewers.

• Members

Meanwhile, Nikki's drunk, belligerent ass is stumbling all over the place, and even TGVN can't wake up and smell the Altoids. WTF is going on, Y&R?

Oh, well. At least I got to see Nina again -- and for a moment seeing Tricia Cast in the same scene w/ KSJ reminded me of when they were co-starring in the "Bad News Bears" TV series. Man, that was a good show. I wish someone would bring back the reruns.

• Members

It really should become a running theme for this thread, you know? Posting screen-caps of Blind Neil looking utterly ridiculous as he struggles with this no-vision thing? Too bad I don't have the capacity to do that, though.

Archived