Y&R: Lauren/Carmine spoiler from TV Guide

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE.

These writers have made it crystal clear they don't give a damn about Y&R's history. Lauren has been kidnapped PLENTY of times already. By Shawn. Sheila. The guy from the island on B&B played by Anthony Addabbo. How many kidnappings can this woman take?

Plus they have an amazing stud in Marco Dapper and what do they do? They write him into a corner, opening the door for him to leave the show. Not to mention that this is such a lazy way out of addressing Lauren and Michael's couple issues.

This is really too much for me. I hate this regime with as much as I did the previous one. I wish there were a way to get in touch with this Griffith guy, but I read that he conveniently stopped using twitter once he took over.

• Members

What a [!@#$%^&*] cop out! I don't even watch YR, but there is no way I'd get rid of a guy who looks like that and made Lauren more alive than she's been in years. Is this for the purpose of making Michael look like a man? Carmine should remain on canvas as a constant reminder of Lauren's affair as he moves on to other things with Michael hating him. They would always be enemies. As it stands, Lauren being kidnapped washes away being unfaithful because her life is in danger? Puke! Cop out!

I saw the love scene on YT, and it was great.

REEEEEEdiculous!

• Members

I know characters evolve...it happens everyday in soaps and some stay the same but I sure miss the edge Lauren once had....she still had sparks of it during her Sheila years but Lauren has truly mellowed. As for Carmine....swoon...and the guy can act...it would have been great if Lauren would have chosen him over flaming Michael....bring some of her edge back....Lauren and Michael is one pairing I will never understand.

• Members

This is the only board I've been on where people actually rooted for Carmine. Every other board is Lauren is a bitch/ho/slut/tramp,etc Free Michael, and they had been complaining that Michael should've killed Carmine long ago.

I was hoping Lauren would escape Jazz hands and her sucky spawn.

Thugh as far as acting goes I think Marco Dapper is average. But with great charisma.

• Members

What a sad turn for what was a great storyline, which brought Lauren back to life, and had a promising man such as Carmine in its center. Ugh. Horrible horrible horrible. Going for the quick, cheap thrill instead of the dynamic/story that could fuel years worth of drama. What a surprise.

• Members

On the surface, this seems like the same old crap cop out as everyone above has noted. However, if there is a twist, could it be something that actually "reforms" Carmine? Like he saves Michael's life or something (lame) like that? It is funny because Michael is far from a saint - he really did horrible things to The Bug and, yet, here is he today. I just hope TPTB realize they have a real find in Marco and don't get rid of him.

On the surface, this seems like the same old crap cop out as everyone above has noted. However, if there is a twist, could it be something that actually "reforms" Carmine? Like he saves Michael's life or something (lame) like that? It is funny because Michael is far from a saint - he really did horrible things to The Bug and, yet, here is he today. I just hope TPTB realize they have a real find in Marco and don't get rid of him.

Archived