OLTL: Thursday, May 02, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC had a lot of mysteries and questions that needed to be answered and we got a lot of those answers today. OLTL didn't. Plus it looks to me like most of OLTL's action this week was about the sociopaths Todds, their concubines women and their spawn kids (both dead and alive). That's a narrower focus than AMC had.

• Members

They're playing both of them considerably less broad than they did on ABC (and David is the number one example of this - he's great, better than he has been as an overall character in about ten years, as opposed to just comedy). Especially Vimal. I actually miss some of Rama's spunk, though she still has it. Vimal is actually more grounded now, as opposed to sort of the wacky nebbish geek. That said, Ron's team ended the show with them devoted to each other and talking up their marriage and commitment to anyone who would listen, specifically Vimal's kid sister Neela. Rama said she'd sowed her wild oats flirting with Cristian but had come to realize she had true love with Vimal, and they talked about it quite a bit. It was a pat "we're cancelled" conclusion I didn't totally buy into, but I do hope they talk about it more.

I was glad they acknowledged they still truly love each other, and I really like the idea of this storyline. I just hope it's not too rushed.

The exterior looked a lot better at night. That siding has gotta go.

• Members

Yea I noticed Rama and Vimal did seem more understated as well. I hope I get some sassy Rama back in time. In their conversation, didn't Rama say something about betraying Vimal or not wanting to betray him again? That led me to believe she might have cheated on him in the last year that we didn't see them, which is definitely a contrast from the couple we saw at the end of the ABC run.

• Members

Maybe I'm wrong but my impression had always been there are more AMC viewers on this site than OLTL.

Anyhoo, I've heard via email from OLTL fans I haven't talked to in years and they are raving about the first week. OLTL seems to be very close behind AMC on Hulu so plenty are watching both.

• Members

How is that bad?

And the other shows surrounding them are primetime shows that came on the night before, I think managing the top 5 everyday this week with competition from well known and more watched primetime shows is pretty good.

• Members

If you look at individual episodes, its much lower too. Not that thats bad- I have no idea what any of this means on Itunes or Hulu. And I guess most people that purchase them are doing the multi-pass things as opposed to randomly buying single eps. I'm sure at some point PP will give some indication of how they're doing. I'm not really excited for these Friday shows but I will watch because I feel like it is my civic duty to add to the view count on Hulu.

Oh her & Jack were painful. On paper, I think Jack could be interesting in a teen romance with his messed up parents as bad examples. Not sure AT can convey that to us though. We shall see.

• Members

And she knows Gabrielle is alive!

Sorry, couldn't resist. biggrin.png

I can take V&T now that he isn't Todd, but I'm still a T&Ber all the way.

That being said, I did like V&T's scenes (and Tea's robe!), and Blair's scene with Todd was needed BADLY.

Is it me, or is FloLo's hair lighter than it was the last time she was on? It certainly looks lighter to me than when the show left ABC.

Viki telling Jeffrey whose boss laugh.png .

Poor little giraffe sad.png .

+1. And that they still see Max (COME BACK, JIMMY!).

Sorry, but with OLTL back, my M&G reunion dreams are revived all over again.

Someone has to stand up for them here, it might as well be me! biggrin.png

Hell, throw Tony in there (saying he's still alive), and you're all set.

• Members

I think the problem was putting a bad boy like Jack with some mousy, goodie two-shoes like Neela, reminded me like a poor version of Todd/Rebecca

Jack needs someone equally as messed up as he is to be his Blair...

I still say they should make Jack gay or bisexual

Archived