Characters That Were Re/Cast with Perfect Actor, But Fizzled or Flopped

• Members

She was boring on days, because she had some truly awful writing and stories that she was only used in to prop couples. Billie didnt get to be a character, she was a tool to give Bope, Payla & Chelsea/Nick story. I think she even supported Jen/Frankie at some point? Im not sure, it was messy.

I actually found her much better on ATWT. She played Janet exactly as she should have been played and clearly in the way the show wanted the character to exist. Loud, obnoxious, abrasive. She was much better paired with Park than Peck though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the character worked as bulldozer, because this meant there was little chemistry with co-stars, and little inner life.

DAYS has a lot of actors who have nothing to do and manage to have a spark - Lisa Rinna, in the same role. I guess that was just a very flat time for the role and she was stuck with a character Reilly had lost interest in as more than a plot device somewhere around 1994 or 1995, but when I saw her with Lauren Koslow, the contrast in charisma and personality was somewhat jarring.

• Members

Like who? I find that the vast majority of actors when given nothing to do/no characterization just flounder. Of course, some make it work (namely on Days, Koslow, Zucker, but thats it). JP's Billie was so odd, truly looking at her whole time on the show its just... bizzare. She was always used as the plot point. The one time id say she was given any real story was searching for Georgia and I think thats when she was the best. Of course, the start of her and Steve was also great, but it became clear fast that she was just a stop on to way to payla and it would happen soon, and it did. Then there is the odd super girl time on the island and maybe something to do with the isa? or shane? and john? i dont know that was all so truly terrible. Then they tried something with her and Patrick, i think, but he was nother awful plot character that went nowhere fast except into Hopes bed...

I thought she and Koslow had an interesting dynamic, you were never sure if they liked eachother or not. It was and is far more believable than they close BFFness of them now, imo.

I forgot how great she worked with JKJ's Philip too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a8luW7hw-g

I liked her walking the line with chelsea here on regressing to her former self and being a good mother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxQWPXQ4K6M

then there was this awfulness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYK6T7Yv6g

but then there was this amazing stuff with steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_nDOQmgCnE

so basically it was all very hit and miss, but what im saying is she was a perfect pick to play billie and really helped to fix the damage done by KA's stint as Billie, but it just didnt work for various reasons but mostly due to story.

• Members

I think a number of actors on DAYS manage to show some life even if they have nothing to do. Some of them, admittedly, have been there a long time, but considering that Pinson had been a presence, sometimes a charismatic presence, on PC for about five years, always in story, I was surprised at how incredibly bland she was as Billie, how, essentially, basic she was. Rinna and Krista Allen always had a presence, even though Allen was not a great actress and Rinna wasn't either. But we can agree to disagree.

• Members

IA with JP. I thought JP (haha) was a great choice for Billie on Days. Its too bad she joined at such a bad time.

I cant believe I ddint think of this but Christian Campbell as Bobby on AMC. He was perfect, had great chem with everyone but fizzled out soon after joining

• Members

Chrystal Chappell - Maggie Carpenter on OLTL, at the time she was a big name coming from DOOL, Maggie started off as a good character and CC seemed to be giving it her all, but Maggie was all over the place and the clown school mess as her secret was ridiculous, which made her a forgettable character.

Genie Francis as Diana on DOOL. She was good for John and the story seemed to be big, I don't know what happened she left and a perfectly interesting character was never seen or heard from again.

• Members

I think RC is an outstanding actress, but she comes off very cold. She is very old Hollywood, but I have always felt a disconnect to her Skye. I prefer CG's Skye, but I understand the RC love. I just don't particularly like Skye/RC and I never have. I know it's fairly unpopular, but I have always thought she was completely out of place on GH. Hated her with Jax, Luke, Alcazar, Ned, etc. Despite my dislike for her, I still think she is beautiful and a great actress.

Archived