Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can never watch EJ/Sami without being reminded that he raped her and no one but Lucas really gave a damn.

Prospect Park is reviving the wrong soaps. Guiding Light should be brought back before either the campy crapfest that's OLTL or the played-out AMC. For Agnes Nixon's sake, however, I do hope it works out.

Pretty soon, the ecstasy over the lack of gangster focus on GH will subside and fans will realize it sucks almost as much as ever (points for finally getting rid of the Borg, however, good stuff there!).

• Members

GH

Incredibly unpopular but I miss the mob influence & flare the show used to have! I thought it made GH stand out even more from the other soaps. When it wasn't too overly thrown at us I welcomed it with open arms & found it so interesting how the families sparred and retaliated against each other. I really miss the Zacchara's vs. Sonny! Personally I would resurrect that & also bring in the Soleito clan. I'd even introduce somemore Falconeri's (initially brought in because of Kate/Connies death).

Now ducking for my mother f'ing life! LOL.

• Members

No need to duck, I just completely disagree.

Until Cartini came aboard, there hadn't been a time since Y2K that the mob wasn't too overly thrown at us. Sonny and Jason never lost and until the disgusting Balkan and Zacchara family, there wasn't a Sonny/Jason enemy that wasn't more layered and interesting than Sonny and Jason.

I'd be all for a six-month mob story that gets rid of Sonny and the mob completely. Otherwise, I'm digging the long overdue focus on the hospital and the good guys, though I'm beginning to wonder if the Mayan prophecy hit Switzerland, because I'd love to know what happened to Robert Scorpio!

• Members

I agree with this, except I don't mind the mob at all. The problem with the mob is that Sonny and Jason never went up against anybody that even had a chance of winning or had clear motivation (outside wanting Sonny's territory). The Balkan wanted something other than territory (Brenda or her spawn, not really sure maybe both), but the story just sucked. I am all for an arc where Sonny's mob ties are, well, tied up and Sonny moves off canvas. Without the mob or Jason Sonny just kind of lingers with no real story outside this Kate mess and calling Konnie's misadventures a story is using the term very loosely. I like Sonny, but there really is nowhere for his character to go at this point other than jail, HEA offscreen, or death. His kids don't really even seem to need him. He rarely interacts with Kristina or Dante, Morgan is offscreen, and Michael is only invovled with Sonny because of AJ and he is a grown man and doesn't need Sonny at all. He has no friends, his love interest is a nutjob (and they have no rootworthy value to begin with), and the writers seem to have little interest in him. What's left for him except one last hurrah with the mob?

• Members

I actually LOVED the mob on Guiding Light. The Santos clan rocked!

I didn't care for Reid on ATWT. I loved Luke & Noah.

I didn't care for Gwen Norbeck. Some see her as World Turns last great heroine, but I didn't. She dragged Will down as a character, and I still wish that, that train ran her a** over. I did see potential in her shady brother, Cole, but JP ruined the chance of it being something more.

Sofia on YR didn't bother me at all. She had potential to be a good character before they had her sleep with both Winters.

Stephanie's death was boring. It would've been better to bring Sheila back (with Kimberlin) to off her (and a few others). . .

I like Donna & Honey Bear together. LMAO! I so think they should've had Thorne want Donna back, and the two engage in a secret affair, resulting in the split, and Thorne & Eric relationship being severely damaged.

I'm (too) all for the Brooks & Fosters to return to Y&R.

I LOVED Carly & Holden. Nasty, yes. But they were hot.

I was glad when Emily died. That tramp was part of the reason Xander died.

I actually like Kung-fu Barbie aka Courtney.

• Members

I think the soap press has overhyped Carlivati and Valentini because Valentini is really handsome.

Yes, GH is more entertaining and watchable, but what have they really done other than pull out some GH greatest hits?

Nurse's Ball, check. Robert and Anna and Luke and Faison on an adventure, check. The Quartermaine's, check. Bringing Michael into the Quartermaine orbit, check. Allowing Jane Elliot to shine, check. All great and definitely needed, but not exactly original or cutting edge.

The way the soap press is going on, you would think they were producing Ibsen over there.

• Members

I don't think that GenV should've been scrapped on YR. The character just needed retooling, and needed to be placed in a work setting, which the character shined, early on.

Adam and Sharon need to cut ties for good, but since they have a huge fan following, JFP needs to take a page from GL, and do them (along with Nick) like they did Roger, Holly, Ed. Tease Adam and Sharon every now & then, but quickly let Sharon (like Holly did) and question her judgment, and go to Nick for the long haul, as he's the "safer choice" like Ed was.

• Members

Oh don't get me started! Lol. I was livid when they got rid of Carmen, killed Tony, and got rid of my Danny and Michelle!!

That pool scene with Danny and my favorite Michelle, JBL, was hot! Along with that scene of Danny telling Michelle that he's a man, and it's hard for him to resist her.

Oh another thing to my list. . .

I LOVED SAN CRISTOBAL!!

Yes, I said it!

Archived