Which soap was the first you taped in your VHS video recorder??

69 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The first daytime soap I taped was Santa Barbara....when Kelly and Nick Hartley were in the Ghost town and Christie Duvall was raped ....and my first nighttime soap was Dynasty...the Moldavian wedding!!!

Edited by Goldensoaps

Posted · Report post

Y&R/B&B/ATWT/GL.

Posted · Report post

Sunset Beach as far as soaps go. I think it was in 1999.

As for the very first TV show I filmed, I think it was Argentinian Muneca Brava.

Ah, the memories.

Posted · Report post

Sunset Beach/Passions.

Posted · Report post

It was the 80's, we had one vcr, it was CBS Y&R, B&B, sometimes at 2pm it was Another World or

ATWT. I had to watch AMC, OLTL, DOOL live..lol At 3 it was GH, Santa Barbara or Guiding Light. The local NBC station kept changing SB to morning so usually GH was taped.

Posted · Report post

I bought my first VCR as a college student in 1986 because I had a class that conflicted with AMC.

Posted · Report post

"The Oprah Winfrey Show." I mean, GUIDING LIGHT.

Posted · Report post

Passions... I used to skip school (not the whole day... just the last two or three periods) Junior year when my recorder wasn't working just so I could watch certain episodes.

Posted · Report post

AW and OLTL around 1976 on a big old clunky $1,000 VHS. I had boxes and boxes of tapes in my basement for years which was a real pain in the neck. I've recycled most of them when I started archiving Lizard Lick Towing and The Chew.

Posted · Report post

AMC when SMG (a.k.a.: original recipe Kendall) arrived in town. Those were the days...wub.png

Posted · Report post

1983 - DAYS shortly after the Salem Slasher murders began. I had been following that story via weekly recaps in the paper until my family got a VCR & I started recording a few days before Trista Evans Bradford was killed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

AW and OLTL around 1976 on a big old clunky $1,000 VHS. I had boxes and boxes of tapes in my basement for years which was a real pain in the neck. I've recycled most of them when I started archiving Lizard Lick Towing and The Chew.

They had VCR's in 1976?

Steve, how much was a VCR in 1986?

For me, my first VHS taping was August 1995 when I started back up in school (7th grade) and found myself not wanting to miss Days of Our Lives, which I got hooked on a month prior.

Is it weird that I totally remember the first episode I taped? It was when John almost died in the magician tank that Tony rigged. Meanwhile, Bo and Hope traveled to Santa Rosa to get a divorce and were haunted by memories of the past. Ooh... :)

Edited by Gray Bunny