Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

What happened to Victoria Rowell on Y&R?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
337 replies to this topic

#1 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!

• Members
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

I keep hearing people talking about her but why did she depart??

I know something went down and caused a scandal but have no clue what it was since I was never a y&r fan.

#2 SFK

SFK

Just your average hot damn bam bam baby sex scorcher icon.

• Members
  • 18,189 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Posted Image

#3 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

We really don't need to open this can of worms

#4 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!

• Members
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Posted Image

We really don't need to open this can of worms

I honestly did not know who Victoria Rowell is except that she played someone named Dru.

#5 Days22

Days22

Recurring

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

I think mostly the cast of Y&R has always been a cast full of divas. Both the women and the men.

#6 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 9,257 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Posted Image

#7 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYLOR

• Members
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD!

#8 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Please DON'T. This is a DISCUSSION board and I'm SO over being told what can and can't be discussed. Victoria Rowell is a popular daytime actress who many fans miss- there's no reason why her name should dare not be mentioned on a SOAP OPERA message board. It's ridiculous and silly, all because some people on here aren't grown up enough to handle a mature discussion about a sensitive topic.

I for one am done catering to the idiots.

Rowell quit Y&R. The controversy comes from her accusations of racism after leaving, saying some of her co-workers were threatened by her as a powerful black woman. She also spoke about the lack of diversity behind the scenes and made some valid points. Then Peter Bergman came out in the press and called her "CRAZY." It's been non-stop controversy ever since.

Edited by juniorz1, 24 October 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#9 Nothin'ButAttitude

Nothin'ButAttitude

#TeamBeauty #RHOA #Nov9th

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Please DON'T. This is a DISCUSSION board and I'm SO over being told what can and can't be discussed. Victoria Rowell is a popular daytime actress who many fans miss- there's no reason why her name should dare not be mentioned on a SOAP OPERA message board. It's ridiculous and silly, all because some people on here aren't grown up enough to handle a mature discussion about a sensitive topic.

I for one am done catering to the idiots.

Rowell quit Y&R. The controversy comes from her accusations of racism after leaving, saying some of her co-workers were threatened by her as a powerful black woman. She also spoke about the lack of diversity behind the scenes and made some valid points. Then Peter Bergman came out in the press and called her "CRAZY." It's been non-stop controversy ever since.

I agree. I think that this matter should be discussed (being civil) because if we only ignore the matters at hand then we are further contributing to all that is wrong in daytime TV.

Now onto the matter at hand. . .

I'm sorry but everything that VR has alleged is coming true day by day. There is no strong black (or diverse PERIOD) being shown onscreeen or behind screen. We're there, yet we are not being utilized.

I just find it odd that VR is being pegged crazy and criticized for something that does need to change. Not only in TV but the entire entertainment industry. I find it embarrassing that half century after the civil rights movement that we as a nation still can't represent all races on TV properly -- especially daytime, which has been proven to have the largest AA audience.

I commend her for having a pair and calling people to the carpet. More people should speak out about these shows as it shows they have passion and aren't there just to collect a paycheck and go home. I just hate that people constantly bash her when some of the things she have said have most likely been proven true. . .

#10 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,260 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Vicki quit Y&R and then hopped on the bus to crazy town.

#11 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,448 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

DC has an article about some tweets from VR saying she tweeted that Steven Kent & Les Moonves do not want Dru back

http://daytimeconfid...-dont-want-dru-

#12 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,667 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

LOL at all your reactions! Now of course I can't close this thread right away, but we all know what's going to eventually happen. :lol: ;)

#13 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I just find it odd that VR is being pegged crazy and criticized for something that does need to change.

Oh, I don't find it odd - I find it telling that her truthtelling was dismissed by her former coworker(s), bosses, and certain viewers as crazy talk. After all, that wasn't the first time that I bore witness to this brand of backlash, as this (as well as what became her blacklisting) has been going on in Hollywood as a whole since the dawn of the industry.

The only thing that dismayed me, frankly, were the Negroes that fell for (and continue to cosign) the fuckery that went down with Vicky.

#14 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,077 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

I don't like to think about it. I will say that most of the controversy which she supposedly caused has continued with many other actors, long after she has left Y&R. I do think that her being black is a big reason why she got the negative labels others have not.

#15 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,970 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Vicki quit Y&R and then hopped on the bus to crazy town.

Posted Image

#16 Roman

Roman

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,075 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Oh, I don't find it odd - I find it telling that her truthtelling was dismissed by her former coworker(s), bosses, and certain viewers as crazy talk. After all, that wasn't the first time that I bore witness to this brand of backlash, as this (as well as what became her blacklisting) has been going on in Hollywood as a whole since the dawn of the industry.

The only thing that dismayed me, frankly, were the Negroes that fell for (and continue to cosign) the fuckery that went down with Vicky.

Negroes?

#17 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I agree with what she said about the soaps and diversity and pointing out that soaps largest audience is AAs. However everything this is discussed on any board the convo eventually goes south. It's hard enough for women to get decent material on soaps but our women minority women especially have it hard. They prop other character for the most part.

Do we really need to use the word Negro like this is 1950?

#18 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image

What in the world?

Negroes?

Yes, negroes.

Do we really need to use the word Negro like this is 1950?

If the shoe fits (as it did/does in this case), absolutely.

#19 Ponds

Ponds

Recurring

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Wow, it's obvious how out of touch you are!

#20 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

By stating things as they were and are? Not really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users