Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Temporary recasts that should have stayed

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!!

• Members
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I know we did threads about Recasts that where better or just as good as the original such as Robin Mattson's Janet on AMC but what about Temp. Recasts that where better or just as good??

For me Jen Lilly was pretty good as a Maxie recast and probobly better. She looked more like what Maxie should have looked like.

#2 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

JL is one for me.

Priscilla Garita as Theresa Lopez Fitzgerald is another one.

#3 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,555 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

For me Jen Lilly was pretty good as a Maxie recast and probobly better. She looked more like what Maxie should have looked like.

huh? And what is Maxie supposed to look like? I can get preferring one over the other for acting reasons but this stumps me especially since they didn't look drastically different from each other. It's not like they went from a Marcy Walker to Jamie Luner type thing here

Edited by Cheap21, 01 October 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#4 ghfan89

ghfan89

Recurring

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

I liked Nicholas Walker better as Max on OLTL. Never liked James DePaiva

#5 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

JEN LILLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as Maxie should have stayed...

Skeletor needs to go the [!@#$%^&*] away! No one needed her back!

#6 CassieFan

CassieFan

Globo Fan

• Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

People are going to hate me for this but... Sabine Singh as Greenlee - AMC.

#7 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Sabine Singh and Nicholas Walker were actual recasts, not temps. I think the original post is referring to actors who stepped into a role temporarily while a cast member was sick or on leave.

Think Lane Davies as Ridge, Sandra Ferguson as Brooke, Sofia Landon Geier as AW's Donna, etc...

I can't think of anybody off the top of my head.

Edited by juniorz1, 01 October 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#8 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 8,790 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

For me this isn't a case of the recast is better than the original but that I found it pretty seamless. Portia Reiners filled in on AMC as Lily Montgomery when Leven Rambin was out with mono. She jumped in and I thought she did a wonderful job with a role that could've gone very, VERY wrong.

#9 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

huh? And what is Maxie supposed to look like? I can get preferring one over the other for acting reasons but this stumps me especially since they didn't look drastically different from each other. It's not like they went from a Marcy Walker to Jamie Luner type thing here

KS doesn't looks like KW but JL did. They both have blonde hair, blues eyes but no KS and JL do not look alike.

#10 JellicleCat

JellicleCat

Recurring

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Sabine Singh and Nicholas Walker were actually recasts, not temps. I think the original post is referring to actors who stepped into a role temporarily while a cast member was sick or on leave.

Think Lane Davies as Ridge, Sandra Ferguson as Brooke, Sofia Landon Geier as AW's Donna, etc...

I can't think of anybody off the top of my head.

Did you have to put those images back into my head?! Posted Image
I don't know who came up with the idea that Lane Davies would be an acceptable replacement for Ronn Moss! Don't get me wrong, Lane is a fine actor, but he's just all wrong for the role of Ridge Forrester!
And Sandra Ferguson.... the less said about her stint as Brooke the better. I was so happy when KKL came back from maternity leave!

#11 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

So nasty, SO rude.

• Members
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

I knew when I saw the title of this thread that the endless JL conversation would come up. Talk about overrated.

#12 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,619 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Jen Lilley for sure, I agree she looks like the daughter of F&F and looks like she could be KW's real life daughter, plus she had chem with everyone, KS doesn't.

#13 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

I knew when I saw the title of this thread that the endless JL conversation would come up. Talk about overrated.

She fit right in to GH than because GH has alot of overrated actors. KS plays the role like a cartoon.

I remember another good temp actor. Kam Heskin as Sheridan Crane whenever MW was out.

Edited by frequentsoapfan, 01 October 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#14 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Jitterbug

• Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Not only do I believe that Jen Lilley was a better Maxie than the one that replaced Robyn Richards (my personal fave of all the Maxies), I find her to be a superior actor to Minnie Mouse Storms. It's a shame that Frank allowed the latter to return when Lilley made that character a helluva lot more tolerable than the unfortunate current version.

On another note, is Davetta Sherwood as The Real Lily Winters considered a temporary recast? I ask because the way that TIIC kicked her to the curb when her no-talent predecessor decided to come back lead me to believe that they considered her a placeholder.

#15 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!!

• Members
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

KS looks like Kristina Wagner.

I know. After I posted this I had to go to class and in class I went "Great its going to be a Jen Lilly thread". I guess I should have waited until everyone forgot about her Posted Image !

#16 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,555 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

KS doesn't looks like KW but JL did. They both have blonde hair, blues eyes but no KS and JL do not look alike.

KS looks like Kristina Wagner.

I dont see it. Besides KW has been absent for the bulk of KS's run as Maxie, so she's been a non-issue

#17 MissLlanviewPA

MissLlanviewPA

Gabrielle Medina Forever!

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

This is before my time so I don't know if she should have stayed, but I would have LOVED to have seen Dixie Carter as Dorian on OLTL. I can only imagine what that must have been like.

#18 Gray Bunny

Gray Bunny

Me & The Slut of Springfield

• Members
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Cynthia Watros as Vicky on Another World. Just because. :)

#19 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

So nasty, SO rude.

• Members
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

The blonde wig as Laura Spencer, GH.

Edited by SoapBoy94, 02 October 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#20 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,577 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

This is before my time so I don't know if she should have stayed, but I would have LOVED to have seen Dixie Carter as Dorian on OLTL. I can only imagine what that must have been like.

I believe she subbed for Nancy Pinkerton while she was on maternity leave. I wonder what kind of stuff she got to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users