Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

2012 Young Artist Awards Nominees

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,922 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

The nominees for the 33rd annual Young Artist Awards have been announced, and are full of plenty of daytime talent!

Best Performance In A Daytime TV Series: Young Actor
Aramis Knight (Young Sonny, GENERAL HOSPITAL)
Garrett Ryan (ex-Kyle, THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS)
Aaron Sanders (ex-Morgan, GH)
Andrew Trischitta (Jack, ONE LIFE TO LIVE)
Austin Williams (Shane, OLTL)

Best Performance In A Daytime TV Series: Young Actor 12 and Under
Tate Berney (AJ, ALL MY CHILDREN)
Robbie Tucker (Fenmore, Y&R)
Jake Vaughn (Spike, AMC)

Best Performance In A Daytime TV Series: Young Actress
Lexi Ainsworth (ex-Kristina, GH)
Haley Pullos (Molly, GH)
Ellery Sprayberry (ex-Piper, Y&R)

Best Performance In A Daytime Series: Young Actress 10 and Under
Mackenzie Aladjem (Miranda, AMC)
Laura Boles (Ciara, DAYS OF OUR LIVES)
Dannika Liddell (Kathy, AMC)
Danielle Parker (Emma, AMC)

Some of soaps' young actors are also in Best Performance In A TV Series categories for their guest-starring roles in primetime series. Williams is nominated for A GIFTED MAN, Pullos for HOUSE MD and Erin Sanders (ex-Eden, Y&R) and Parker for episodes of CSI: MIAMI. In recurring roles, Sanders is nominated for BIG TIME RUSH, Aladjem for NURSE JACKIE, and Emily Alyn Lind (Emma, AMC) for REVENGE.

The 33rd annual Young Artist Awards will be held on Sunday, May 6, and we'll report the winners as soon as they're announced!

http://abc.soapsinde...-announced.html

#2 AlexElizabeth

AlexElizabeth

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Andrew Trischitta? lol

#3 AMCHistory

AMCHistory

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Andrew Trischitta? lol

I really liked him, and I think he was being groomed to be a very big part of OLTL.

#4 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

I don't get why they had the seperate category for Daytime when there are so few kids on Daytime getting actual storyline and they have so many age categories. Makes the award seem like such a joke. Like most of the kids don't do much acting

#5 AMCHistory

AMCHistory

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I think a lot of soap child actors probably get more screentime collectively than child actors in other mediums.

#6 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I think a lot of soap child actors probably get more screentime collectively than child actors in other mediums.

I disagree. Most of the kids are hardly seen on soaps besides the holidays or sitting down listening to mom and dad argue over custody, until they become teens. In the other mediums if we see the younger children they are actually doing something

#7 Graham

Graham

Recurring

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Shame the kid who played Sam on OLTL didn't get a nom. He could outact half the adults at least!

#8 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

The nominees for the 33rd annual Young Artist Awards have been announced, and are full of plenty of daytime talent!

Best Performance In A Daytime TV Series: Young Actor
Aramis Knight (Young Sonny, GENERAL HOSPITAL)
Garrett Ryan (ex-Kyle, THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS)
Aaron Sanders (ex-Morgan, GH)
Andrew Trischitta (Jack, ONE LIFE TO LIVE)
Austin Williams (Shane, OLTL)

Best Performance In A Daytime TV Series: Young Actor 12 and Under
Tate Berney (AJ, ALL MY CHILDREN)
Robbie Tucker (Fenmore, Y&R)
Jake Vaughn (Spike, AMC)

Best Performance In A Daytime TV Series: Young Actress
Lexi Ainsworth (ex-Kristina, GH)
Haley Pullos (Molly, GH)
Ellery Sprayberry (ex-Piper, Y&R)

Best Performance In A Daytime Series: Young Actress 10 and Under
Mackenzie Aladjem (Miranda, AMC)
Laura Boles (Ciara, DAYS OF OUR LIVES)
Dannika Liddell (Kathy, AMC)
Danielle Parker (Emma, AMC)

Some of soaps' young actors are also in Best Performance In A TV Series categories for their guest-starring roles in primetime series. Williams is nominated for A GIFTED MAN, Pullos for HOUSE MD and Erin Sanders (ex-Eden, Y&R) and Parker for episodes of CSI: MIAMI. In recurring roles, Sanders is nominated for BIG TIME RUSH, Aladjem for NURSE JACKIE, and Emily Alyn Lind (Emma, AMC) for REVENGE.

The 33rd annual Young Artist Awards will be held on Sunday, May 6, and we'll report the winners as soon as they're announced!

http://abc.soapsinde...-announced.html

I'm sorry, but the only nominees on this list that deserve any acting recognition are Emanda, Jr. and Shane Morasco. They might as well send the rest home and give them the gold.

Shame the kid who played Sam on OLTL didn't get a nom. He could outact half the adults at least!

You're right about that.

#9 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,922 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

I don't get why they had the seperate category for Daytime when there are so few kids on Daytime getting actual storyline and they have so many age categories. Makes the award seem like such a joke. Like most of the kids don't do much acting

I dont see an issue with it. Its kids. Probably trying to make them feel good and give them each more of an oppurtunity to win something.

#10 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

I dont see an issue with it. Its kids. Probably trying to make them feel good and give them each more of an oppurtunity to win something.

It's giving them an award just to give them an award though and there's no real competition since some of the people listed did not a damn thing.

#11 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,922 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

It's giving them an award just to give them an award though and there's no real competition since some of the people listed did not a damn thing.

That may be true but this isnt the Emmys or Oscars.

#12 jcar03

jcar03

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

That may be true but this isnt the Emmys or Oscars.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

#13 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,922 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Winners!

The 33rd Annual Young Artist Awards were given out to Hollywood's up-and-comers this past weekend, and several daytimers were recognized! THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS' Robbie Tucker (Fen) tied ALL MY CHILDREN's Tate Berney (AJ) for Best Performance In A Daytime TV Series in the 12 And Under category, while ONE LIFE TO LIVE rivals Andrew Trischitta (Jack) and Austin Williams (Shane) tied in the category's older group.

GENERAL HOSPITAL's Haley Pullos (Molly) took home two awards! She was named the winner in the Guest Starring Young Actress 11-13 category for her appearance on HOUSE, as well as for the Best Performance In A Daytime TV Series. ALL MY CHILDREN's Danielle Parker (Emma) won for the same title in the 10 And Under category.

AMC alum Emily Alyn Lind (Emma) won the Best Performance In A TV Series by a Recurring Young Actress 10 And Under for her role on REVENGE, while Y&R grad Erin Sanders (ex-Eden) was named in the Recurring Actress 17-21 category for her part on Nickelodeon's BIG TIME RUSH.

http://cbs.soapsinde...-brightest.html

#14 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

In what cartoon world does hair model Jack get to share an award with Austin Williams for best performance?

#15 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

In what cartoon world does hair model Jack get to share an award with Austin Williams for best performance?

In a category where their is virtually no competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users