Cheap21

Soap Stars - Where are they now?

2,739 posts in this topic

And now, in the "Shît I Never Thought I'd Post" Department: The late, great PHIL CAREY (Asa, OLTL) stars in the cheesy vintage film The Time Travelers, featured in episode 3 of Netflix's all-new (all-fantastic) revival of Mystery Science Theater 3000. My jaw dropped.

2 hours ago, OLTL #1 fan said:

OLTL's Meghann Fahy (Hannah O'Connor) has a new show on Freeform

She was great in the SVU episode "Downloaded Child". I wish her all the best on this new show.

Renee Goldsberry appears on The Get Down's first season as glamorous disco superstar Misty Holloway.

On 4/19/2017 at 11:59 PM, amybrickwallace said:

She was great in the SVU episode "Downloaded Child". I wish her all the best on this new show.

Sam Page (Trey Keynon, AMC) is also on the Bold Type

4 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Shawn Christian is a part of the cast of Famous in Love. He fits in so well with the rest of the horrible actors on the show.

They aren't that horrible. Some are better than the current teens on the soaps. 

6 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

They aren't that horrible. Some are better than the current teens on the soaps. 

I'm on episode 5 and the acting is dreadful. And why are you comparing them to the teens on soaps? These are college aged characters on this show. Also that's not really a compliment. Alot of the younger actors suck on soaps.

36 minutes ago, frequentsoapfan said:

I'm on episode 5 and the acting is dreadful. And why are you comparing them to the teens on soaps? These are college aged characters on this show. Also that's not really a compliment. Alot of the younger actors suck on soaps.

Demographically it's geared toward teens and yes I am comparing between the shows because I want to. Also not all of them "suck"

Darius McCrary (ex Eddie Winslow - Family Matters; ex Malcolm - Young & Restless) was on last week's episode of ABC's "The Catch".

12 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

Demographically it's geared toward teens and yes I am comparing between the shows because I want to. Also not all of them "suck"

Are you...in the cast?

12 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

Don't understand the demo talk when the teens on soaps aren't even targeted towards the teen demo. If they were they'd specifically promote to that demo which they don't. The only thing they have in common is bad acting. The young people on Famous in Love can't act and neither can that majority of the younger actors on soaps. SC's acting sucks and always has no difference when he's in primetime or soaps.

Francisco San Martin, who played Dario Hernandez on DOOL in 2010-2011, is recurring as a telenovela star on CW's Jane the Virgin.

Beth Chamberlain (ex-Beth, GL) was on last night's episode of Law & Order: SVU. She one of those former soap actors that I'm always happy to have pop up on my screen.

1 hour ago, marceline said:

Beth Chamberlain (ex-Beth, GL) was on last night's episode of Law & Order: SVU. She one of those former soap actors that I'm always happy to have pop up on my screen.

Sweet! I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. She did a great job on another SVU episode from several years ago, where she played Treat Williams' wife. He was a former football great crippled by concussions and accused of rape.