Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Members

It's nice to know the special will focus on the show as a whole as opposed to the more recent years.

The all really did grow up nicely. When I watched the first few seasons, I never thought Miriam McDonald, for example, would ever turn into something passable or pretty. I was surprised when she suddenly blossomed somewhere in season 5, the same is true for most of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was such a huge fan of Craig and Manny from the original cast. I shipped them so hard, even though Craig was complete and utter posion to all the women he was paired with. He was literally the worst choice for Ashley, Ellie and Manny and turned them into complete messes of insecurity. He cheated on pretty much every single person he was paired with.

Edited by Skin

• Members

Thanks for sharing, BF!!

I'm really finding it hard to believe that "we don't want to confuse the audience" is their one and only reason for not putting the entire series on Netflix, especially considering that the new series with be under a different title. The show's viewers aren't stupid, and if they just labeled all of the 2001-2015 as "Degrassi: The Next Generation" (as opposed to just "Degrassi"), it wouldn't be hard to differentiate between that and "Degrassi: Next Class."

To be honest, the most confusing thing about all of this for me is who exactly cancelled the series. From what I've read, it'll still be on TV in Canada. Will all of the episodes debut on Netflix and then air weekly in Canada? Or will they be posted to Netflix after all 20 have aired in Canada? I don't think Netflix does a weekly upload like Hulu... Plus, if it's going to still be on TV in Canada, then that really makes me wonder why Teen Nick decided to drop it because SURELY it was still one of the highest-rated programs. But we've talked about that already.

I'm glad they're bringing back a full-length opening sequence, but there's no need to discard the basic format that everyone knows and loves. It'll be up-to-date by principle of depicting the characters as true teens/high school students of 2016. Or, they could expand upon the abbreviated sequence they were using, which was pretty visually appealing. They could easily throw some head shots of characters in there with actor names.

• Members

I keep wondering about that myself, who cancelled Degrassi, but it seems that both MTV Canada and TeenNick canceled it for reasons I don't even know. I know in Canada it moved from MuchMusic to MTV Canada two years ago,and now it's on the Family Channel

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/degrassi-ends-on-tv-this-summer-after-14-seasons-1.3100638

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/dhx-media-buys-degrassi-tv-studio/article17817790/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I hate that I'm about to say this, but I sorta get it. I think mainly their thinking is, if someone searches the show on Netflix and sees FOURTEEN damn seasons there, they might not want to invest that much time. Or they might decide to take their time with all 14 seasons before they even get to the Netflix one, which means a delay in viewership (that's what I would do, as a viewer). Again, I really want the episodes to be available. But I understand why they'd want to build NG as a brand first and then bless us with the previous episodes. I hate it, but I get it.

They've started experimenting with the weekly upload formula, with shows like BETWEEN.

He's bae!

Edited by YRBB

• 1 month later...