HBO: Game of Thrones

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Did you think this was better than the Battle on the Blackwater from Season 2 I believe? To me that was the highlight of action sequences at least for this show. Last nights episode was pretty jumbled. Aside from that large iron hook, the fire scene, and Ygritte dying I didn't see what was so epic about it. It looked like every other fight/battle they've shown except a lot more extras....

• Members

I tend to like swordfights, instead of people just running around screaming. Both episodes had both, but this one had a little more swordfighting and getting to see some cool combat sequences.

This episode also seemed to have less focus on who is a hero or who saves the day. It was collective efforts, not one person. I've seen some reviewers saying this episode "proves" that Jon isn't a hero. I don't really feel that way, but I'm not sorry that they didn't focus on his eternal heroism. All the focus in Blackwater on Saint Tyrion and his sacrifice kind of annoyed me at times.

Blackwater as an episode was better than this though. The battle scenes, I'd give this episode the edge, but both were good.

• Members

Right. Jon lied to Mance about how many men the Night's Watch has, so he doesn't realize how few they are nor how weak they are.

Jon knew Mance would be coming back with a full on assault the next night. Like any war, winning one battle doesn't mean much, especially since they nearly lost to what amounted to Mance's scouting party.

• Members

I think this finale has the potential to be awesome, as some big things are happening, it's not just going to be table-setting the way the other finales were. It's all about the execution. It could be amazing, or might not be. We'll see. I hope they start allowing the big moments to have another minute or two of airtime to have more impact and allow the actors to shine.