HBO: Game of Thrones

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He's gonna die before the next book is released. I mean that's literally what I'm expecting at this point. In some twisted sick way I won't be sad about it cuz I think he's gonna write an ending that will not satisfy anybody.

As in Lost or The Sopranos level type of ending. At least if he leaves it unfinished everyone can make up his or her own ending for all the characters they love or hate.

He's wasting all this time tho on HBO and no he's not under contract but he started a project and its grown to be so beloved by a lot readers who were with him before the stupid tv show and he's just gonna twiddle his thumbs for the next 4 years before it even gets to an editor. Meanwhile there will be 3 more seasons and 2 movies and 2 videogames...

• Members

Yes. The show which, according to your previous post, you apparently hate and resent.

In other news sure to make you upset, here is a casting notice from Winter Is Coming. The site speculates that the young girl being cast is in fact

- I'm spoilering that, but these new notices really tell me, a person who goes without GOT spoilers as much as possible, nothing much except that these new characters will appear. I'm excited about the

angle.

• Members

Why would that upset me? That means we'll see her backstory which also occurs in the book. The only question is how good of a job they will do portraying it. And they had already casted Maggy the Frog so I knew they were going to explore the reasons behind her hatred of a certain character...

I might "hate" the show (even though I've clearly said multiple times that's too strong a word...more that I hate certain decisions and things they've done with the show). That's entirely different than hating every single aspect of the show.

That being said I still watch because it shows me several characters that I'm still invested in and care about. And scenes such as the Trial by Combat that I enjoy seeing on screen to see if they match my imagination.

• Members

I think a lot of book fans are struggling with the show this season, for many reasons. I got into the show first and just started reading the books recently. I can sort of see both sides. I will say that Prince (don't know your first name - my apologies) is fairly even-handed compared to a lot of book fans I've seen online, who can sometimes be very poisonous if they feel the show is betraying the books.

As for that spoiler,

• Members

I'm sorry I'm trying to be polite but what exactly is YOUR POINT? Or your problem with me? You posted a spoiler and prefaced it by saying that you thought I'd probably have a problem ("sure to upset you") with said spoiler.

I responded saying that I do NOT have a problem with said spoiler. In fact I welcome the news because it means they'll probably explore the background of the character mentioned within the spoiler. Am I missing something here?

You then reply with my earlier words where I didn't go into much detail and called it a "stupid tv show". I can call it that because I think the essence of the show (the storylines and decisions made by the writers) has gotten to that point Casting, sets, and clothing aside, I think the show is not that strong. I say its stupid because its not getting great ratings because its high quality television at this point. Once it was and every now and then we get powerful scenes but by and large its about sex, violence, raping women or showing women in demeaning situations, and appeasing to the lowest common denominator of straight male viewership out there rather than staying true to the books or even creating reasonable storylines that actually make sense.

But that's a whole nother issue and I didn't even bring it up. We were talking about GRRM and his inability to work on completing the book series to begin with. And for my part I've accepted the real possibility that he's going to pull a Robert Jordan who didn't finish his own beloved series "The Wheel of Time". He most likely will die and there will still be 2/3 books left to work on and even worse he probably will have not left many notes so no one will know what direction he truly wanted to go in and end the books. Oddly enough if that does happen I won't care cuz that means I can make up the ending for my favorite characters myself.

Ultimately I think he's pretty much checked out. His interviews and his general attitude of disregard towards the fans of the books speaks volumes. So I don't see why I should care about the tv series or pretend like its the best thing since sliced bread.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

From what I keep hearing from most other people, at least 90% of the stuff you're decrying as quoted appears to have been in these books originally. It's a medieval fantasy world full of sex, violence and quite a bit of rape. But it always had many points of view, including many strong female points of view, and I think the show continues to have that today. But according to you, everyone who read the books or not, who likes the show and finds it to be of high quality, just doesn't get it, because you think it's lowest common denominator trash. So you've told us, over and over and over.

If you dislike the show this strongly, I have to join Antoyne in failing to see why you spend week after week telling us how terrible it is and how much it's missing the point, how much we are, and how George R.R. Martin is a lazy jerk who you're convinced is abandoning you. You're not just torturing yourself, you're hectoring a number of us. And guess what, I don't come to the thread about the TV show to be lectured by you since you can't scream at Martin in person about what an !@#$%^&*] you think he is.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Who said I was talking to you? And frankly I don't care if it bothers the two of you that much. Do what you want and attack me all you like. I'm not breaking any laws and I'm not attacking you back because its childish.

Plenty of people think that Tyler Perry show is sh*t and yet the people who like it aren't bashing them to not speak their minds in that thread. Similarly there are plenty of people who hate watch Y&R these days or DOOL. And yet I don't see you telling those people to leave the thread.

I'd reply to your post with more details but its clear your only intent is to twist my words and exaggerate everything. Go right ahead. I think anybody who has read my posts can see what I'm writing and knows what I mean. The only "negative" thing i said about the last episode is that they radically changed Sansa's storyline and that I didn't find Arya's laugh that great due to its awkward delivery. Aside from that I was happy to see the Trial by Combat which I thought was a well executed scene. The Tyrion/Jaime conversation was boring. That's all I said. If you want to write up me for war crimes be my guest but I don't think I did anything wrong mam/sir. So I don't understand why the two of you in particular feel the need to have a go at me everytime I speak my thoughts.

Lastly I never said "everyone". Nor do I see how I'm "hectoring" you or Anthyone. If you don't like my posts then don't read them. Period

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear