June 15-19, 2009

Toups

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Somebody please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I seem to recall that 1.8 was the magic number that GL had to achieve and maintain to avoid cancellation. I suspect that was not an arbitrary figure plucked out of the air with no valid reasoning behind it. Does anyone know what that reasoning might be?

• Members

All 3 ABC shows suck.

Beth Ehlers said recently that Pratt's used to writing for one episode, and that these days the actors go from script to script, and don't know what their character will do next so it's hard to prepare for that.

Oye vey you'd think after a year as HW he'd be used to writing for a SOAP OPERA

• Members

I'd amend that headline to say bad week for GH, as well. GH had some huge losses, not to mention dipping below the other ABC soaps in HH's...and notably, a drop to a 5 share in that measure, something no other ABC soap has ever hit.

ETA: Thanks for changing it to include ABC, as well as DAYS....although GH definitely fell harder than OLTL, or even AMC for that matter, despite AMC's cellar dwelling in the demos.

• Administrator

Well if the networks want higher ratings, just don't air their shows on SoapNet or online. But that's not going to happen in this day in age.

What do they want? People to watch on the network? To watch on SoapNet? To watch online?

• Members

I was partially right. B&B bounced back a little. The ABC soaps are a hot mess. Look at those demos, especially GH. I don't see how ABC can keep those soaps on the air for more than another year or two. They have got to find a way to get the ratings back up. I don't know how, but they have to try something different. I noticed that the mob is back in full force on GH.

I think the daytime ratings would be the same without the online and SoapNet line. The people who watch online and SoapNet do so for convenience, probably would not watch at all. Most people are simply not home during the daytime and won't make the extra effort to record the soaps.

• Members

When is the bleeding for these soaps going to stop. They never go up it seems like.

I'm honestly starting to give up on these soap ratings because they just bleed. They should just put us out of our misery now and cancel them all.

• Members

I think that soap genre is dying and we are witnesses to its death. There is no turning back now. Nothing can be done to reverse the unhappy trend. I only wish these soaps would go out with some dignity. Write with vision, passion and love. Give us love in the afternoon, wonderful romances with classic villians on the prowl. It can't hurt to give us all some memories to cherish instead of writing unforgettable dribble.

Archived