Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He must have known this wasn't going to pass - he always seemed to be a very intelligent man (even if I don't think he should have been President) - so I hope he showed up for the vote just to shame them.

When the media tells everyone that Marco Rubio is their hero and the stud of the ages, remind people of votes like this.

• Members

Oh dear.....

I must say I smiled a little at this: "The conservative Republicans warned that the international community is a scary place."

After reading all the articles and stuff posted in this thread leading up to the presidential election, I would say that it is the US that is a scary place.

• Members

Just don't read the comments sections, especially on yahoo, Washington Post and the Hill. They cheered the defeat of the treaty and so many believed that if it had passed, home schooling would be illegal because the UN opposes it. So crazy! People are so unhinged when they can be anonymous.

Edited by Delia

• Members

Big shocker - Bob Woodward, who's spent the last 4 years trying to make sure everyone knows about Obama's failings and that Obama just doesn't fit in with DC culture, is making sure we know that the debt ceiling failure is all his fault.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/woodward-on-fiscal-cliff-no-way-to-govern-84617.html

TNR complained about this a few months ago.

http://www.tnr.com/book/review/bob-woodward-price-of-politics#

In other news, Jim DeMint, extreme conservative and purity contest champion, is leaving the Senate immediately to run the Heritage Foundation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/jim-demint-retires-to-head-heritage-foundation-84687.html

One of DeMint's issues is wanting to stop gays and unwed mothers from teaching, so don't be surprised if this comes up in a lot of races soon.

The frontrunner to replace him is Rep Tim Scott. He's very popular with conservatives, as he is very far to the right, and he's black, which means the media will get to write a ton of stories about how much the GOP treasures minorities, and how the Democrats don't have any black senators, so they're racist in comparison to the GOP.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/tim-scotts-bio-raises-senate-appeal-84719.html?hp=f3

Nikki Haley, governor of South Carolina, is in the DeMint way of thinking, but she also has a lot of cronies, so it will be interesting to see what she'll do.

• Members

Yeah I can't blame her. I hope that Obama finds someone to nominate besides Kerry just to screw the Repubs then finds another way to reward him.

I am perfectly comfortable now in completely writing John McCain off as a disgusting human being no matter how much of a war hero he is. It's obvious that he's finished morphing into a partisan hack devoid of honor.

• Members

Looks like John Kerry will be the next Secretary of State.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/report-john-kerry-to-be-nominated-for-secretary?ref=fpb

I think this is a mistake, as Kerry, while a very intelligent man, has always seemed very awkward to me, not the best mood for a role which requires charisma and decisiveness.

This also makes it very likely that media darling Scott Brown will win this Senate seat. Democrats tend to trip over their own feet in a lot of MA races, and the media will go all in, as they adored Brown and they would love to write about "Democrats in disarray" and how Obama's ideas are already being punished in his second term, and that this just means the GOP will take the Senate and kick ass in 2014, et al.

• Members

Brown's first win was a fluke, because Martha Coakley didn't campaign. This time around, he's already lost once and would lose again to a credible candidate. He's also shown himself to be as nasty as any other politician, he ran a borderline racist campaign against Elizabeth Warren questioning her Native American heritage.