Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If you think the comb-over looks bad now, wait four years.

Mama Khan (who watches Fox News): That's not true!  It's 43%!

Me: That still means over half the people in this country hate his guts.

(And I didn't even mention the margin of error.  She's been so brainwashed by Fox News -- because they're the news, you see, and the news never lies -- that I can't anymore with her.  This is when I miss Papa Khan the most.)

• Members

If Wikileaks gets a hold of those tax returns, things will get interesting. Whatever is in those tax returns has to be damning if Trump wants to hide it, which is Wikileaks wants them. All those Trump supporters who praised Wikileaks must be feeling stupid right now. Above all else, Wikileaks is an anti-authority group and they will go after whoever is in power if they can get goods on them.

• Members

For the record: if it ever comes down to a choice between having WikiLeaks release the returns or keeping them from the public indefinitely, I vote for the latter.  No damn way should anyone make another deal with that devil.

Thanks, MissLlanview, for sharing your account of the march!  So glad you and Jane went to represent SON!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

Frankly, I don't think his tax returns, if and when released, will contain any "smoking guns."  I think people need to prepare themselves for that possibility, too.

I DO think the longer TrumpCo. holds out, the more controversy it stirs -- which might be what they want, I don't know.  They have to know, though, that even if the returns do reveal him to be less wealthy than he appears, it won't change how anyone feels on either side.

To tell you the truth, I wish people would drop the issue or let it drop.  It's clear he'll never release his returns, no matter HOW many times you ask him or petitions you threaten him with.  It's also clear no one at the IRS is willing to play "Deep Throat" and leak 'em (unless someone wants to take Assange up on his offer, and as I've said upthread, I don't wanna WikiLeaks anywhere near this).

Furthermore, how many times do we have to root around for MORE proof that Trump is a terrible person before we realize we're just shouting at the wind?  Like I said, it won't change people's minds one way or the other; and frankly, I'm done with trying to convince Trump supporters not to buy his act any longer.  No matter how much evidence you hand them, they either dismiss it as fake news or say they don't care.

From now on, there should be one objective only: to hold him and Congress accountable for when they back out of their promises and/or screw up the government.  Unless you have something that shows Trump committing an impeachable offense, do us a favor, Mr. Whistleblower of the Week, and keep your juicy story about Trump's fondness for Melania dressing up as Adolf Hitler before giving him bjs to yourself.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Seriously how many times do people really  think this man is going to change or the change they have planned is positive?. Honest to god if I have to read this crap again from people who I actually think might have a brain despite what they do, and have watched this for the past 18 months, there is no pivot, no positive change, etc..

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Oh, is Trump already struggling?  Pardon me while I play a very tiny violin.

Why do I think this person who said Trump gets bored and watches TV comes from Yugoslavia and has a name that rhymes with "Trevania"?

Edited by Khan

• Members

I don't think there's a smoking gun either and honestly when people discuss see the taxes to determine conflicts of interest, I'm not sure what the tax forms show in respect to that. I'm also no tax expect and honestly if there is something what Schedule would show that? I do think his own personal worth is much less and while I don't think people much care about that, including democrats, no way does he want people to see that.

• Members

https://newrepublic.com/article/139792/will-miss-obama-as-dad

Reading the mentions of Reagan reminds me again of what Trump doesn't get about appearances (even after decades cultivating publicity). Reagan did so much damage to the public reputation of the CIA, yet people still remember him because he said the right things. 

I guess the best they can hope for is that he stays out of their way. 

Edited by DRW50