The Doctors

• Members

From July 1971 Afternoon TV, Patrick Horgan, who played Dr. John Morrison, the psychiatrist who married Althea Davis and gave her and Nick so much trouble. One of my all-time favorite soap villains. I believe in real-life he's currently married to Susie Horgan, the new co-head writer for OLTL.

Patrick-1_zps7e87b6f3.jpg

Patrick-2_zpsaf39c124.jpg

Patrick-3_zps224bbb1c.jpg

Patrick-4_zpsfaf7cdf6.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

An article above mentions the practice of taping two episodes per day for The Doctors.

I remember that, in 1972, Nancy Barrett came to my town to appear in Star-Spangles Girl by Neil Simon. It was because The Doctors, on which she was appearing, took a summer hiatus that she was able to come there to appear in the play.

• Members

In addition to it being the 50th anniversary of GH, it's also the 50th anniversary of The Doctors. Too bad the show met an early end because the show always had a truly talented major cast over the years--or would we have Pamela K. Long come write for the show and make Nola the star while Reilly come aboard in 1993 to save the soap. I've always been fascinated by the fact The Doctors won the first Daytime Emmys and also had a major supercouple even prior to Doug and Julie's height.

• Members

This is one of those shows I always wish I could see more of. The bits and pieces I've seen are generally very good, and what a rich cast. Matt and Maggie having stories about their careers and love lives and own choices even as Matt had a grown son, at a time when many soaps were farming their older characters off.

• Members

I would love for the company that owns this to just start releasing it on DVD. Somebody needs to start releasing these old soaps in big blocks, either six month or full year sets. Do it cheaply and price it reasonably and I could see them selling a decent amount.

• Members
Either that or stream them as AOL did the P&G soaps about seven years ago. I seriously doubt any station will purchase them for broadct television, and even if they did, it would be a very short run. I would give anything to see the1967-72 era again. So many wonderful stories and fine acting.

• Members

Yes, streaming works too. I just don't understand why these people choose to sit and do nothing with these shows when they have several outlets for them with Netflix and Hulu around. Netflix has no soap section, yet Warner Brothers hasn't tried to add the 80s soaps, Peyton Place is an option and then of course daytime soaps. I really don't understand it.