The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is an article from "The Baltimore Sun" about one of Maryland's gubernatorial candidates named Ron George. Apparently, he had a bit role on "The Doctors" in 1978. The part I found most interesting was this quote:

"An NBC publicist scoffed at the idea that any footage might still exist from the 30-minute episodes in which George starred, but George said his main line involved saying, "Doctor, doctor," while lying in a hospital bed."

Weren't there rumors that episodes of "The Doctors" were going to be aired somewhere? Or maybe that just pertained to 80s episodes.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bs-md-ron-young-soaps-20140426,0,2040830.story

• Members

Kathy Glass seemed to be a favorite of writer James Lipton and producer/writer/director Don Wallace.

She began her daytime television career on ABC's The Best of Everything. That show may have been a production of Twentieth-Century Fox Television. After its cancellation (which came briefly after its premiere), the trio worked for Twentieth-Century Fox on Return to Peyton Place (which aired on NBC). She was later replaced (and I think that Mr. Lipton was too. I don't know about Mr. Wallace.) in the role of Allison.

She then created the role of Jenny Woleck Siegel, R. N. on One Life to Live. Later, longtime producer for ABC Doris Quinlan (The Nurses, One Life to Live, All My Children) was replaced. She was hired by NBC to produce The Doctors, and she took Kathy Glass with her to The Doctors.

Kathy Glass was on a commercial that ran for a long time. I seem to recall that it was for a brand of vitamins, but I may be wrong about the product.

• Members

Kathy Glass was already on The Doctors when Doris Quinlan arrived.

Earlier she was granted a release from her Return to Peyton Place role.

What were the circumstances of her leaving One Life to Live? It seems her 3 year contract was up,but did she leave or was she fired?

Carla Dragoni had been playing MJ and she was replaced by Kathy Glass. Did they lure her away from ABC or did she become available after her departure from OLTL?