The Doctors

• Members

Just wanted to ad that I Googled "The Saint" as I am fascinated/disturbed by '70s/'80s New York nightlife, and it led me to some really touching personal accounts of life in that era that were a joy to read. Thanks saynotoursoap.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Saint was incredible. Absolutely I have fond memories of it, but it is all tinged with unimaginable sadness. My birthday is coming up soon, and at this time, I always remember those who were lost. There were eleven of us who formed a close knit group of friends. When I was coming out, these men lit my path. Of the eleven, only two of us survive. Perhaps it is not appropriate to discuss here, but it is a cautionary tale that should be told. The world has changed in many ways, yet in many ways it has not. I should not be here now, but by some grace I am. Take care of yourselves, gentlemen.

• Members

The Doctors is out there...SFM holds the rights.This is the blurb on their web page. It seems most of the eps were kept.

THE DOCTORS

Drama; 4,865 x 30 minute episodes / off-network

Series focuses on the personal and professional lives of staff members of Hope Memorial Hospital. Running for 20 season, The Doctors was one of the longest-running daytime dramas at that time.

It focuses on the lives and loves of three families in the fictional town of Madison. Members of two families are mainstays of Hope Memorial Hospital.

The Doctors has been noted for consistently and accurately portraying technical advances in medicine and for its' contribution to public understanding of modern healing practices and medical equipment.

Alec Baldwin & Kathleen Turner got there starts after they starred in this show.

Awards: Daytime Emmy for Best Drama (1972 & 1974)

Produced

1963/1982 - Allen Potter, Hugh McPhillips, Jerry Layton, Orin Tovrov, Gerard T. Straub, George Barimo, Colgate Palmolive

Directed

Hugh McPhillips, Norman Hall, Stan Zabka, Carl Genus, Henry Kaplan, Robert Scinto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Allen Potter sounds like an interesting individual. Seemed very frank for a magazine interview for the time. I'm not sure I liked that he was putting down other shows. I wonder who the actress was who was turned down for being unreliable (and possibly alcoholic). Thanks for sharing the article!

• Members

ATWT was a real whipping boy for most of the 70s, as we see even here.

Thanks so much for reading. I wasn't sure how many fans of the old soaps were still here.

I didn't know that was the little saying they used for The Doctors. I wonder when they retired it.

I take it David O'Brien didn't enjoy his Search experience.