The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have a tape of her appearence. She played an attorney named Judith Howard who had given up smoking and was trying to convince Steve to do the same. This was right after Steve had lost his son, so he was feeling presure which he thought tobacco helped. Ms. Howard said that she was suprised that a doctor, of all people, did not recognize the problems that he was causing to himself by smoking.

• Members

That's kind of an interesting way to write his smoking - I didn't realize they tied it in to Billy's death.

I really wish they'd given the show one more year. I know the ratings were terrible but it sounds to me like the show was pulling itself together.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Prior to The Doctors, David played one of the "Kips" on The Secret Storm, and he was on Search for Tomorrow and the primetime World Turns spinoff Our Private World. He also enjoyed a successful modeling career as one of the Marlboro Men used to advertise the cigarettes.

He had HIV while on The Doctors. Later, to help him keep insurance, producers gave him a recurring role on Ryan's Hope. He also had a fairly regular stint as psycho shrink Alan Glaser on Another World, otherwise known as The Sin Stalker. I also recall him being a dayplayer on Loving around the same time. He died from AIDS related complications in 1989.

I used to see David occasionally at The Saint in NY in the early 80s. He was a very, very nice man. Erudite, friendly and oh so down to earth. Thinking of that time is very painful. We lost so many extraordinary men.