Donnie Darko

King

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:lol: My thoughts exactly, initially. Donnie entered the transient universe the night he would have been killed by that engine. The transient universe only lasts a month so for some reason that still confuses me to this day Donnie needed to die so that his sister, mom, giflriend and Frank (his sister's boyfriend) live. I know, it's baffling.

• Members

I just heard the news on the radio and literally said out loud, "What the [!@#$%^&*]?"

Good for Will Farrell, but I certainly wasn't expecting that.

Guess it's probably the 'family film' factor and everyone can go see it. Plus, it's racing and that's pretty easy to attract audiences. Both factors make it 'safe' and will Farrell is like easy entertainment. I get it, but still, WOW.

• Administrator

Wrong thread? LOL

Yeah, I didn't get Donnie Darko either. I even read about the alt universes and I still don't understand. LOL Not to say it was a bad movie because it definitely held my interest.

• Members

Um, oops, Toups, lol. .

IS this the wrong thread?

For some reason I get Donnie Darko confused with the character Will Farrell is playing in "Talledega Nights."

So, if that's not the case, then where the heck is the thread for why that film did so well at the box offic? That was A HUGE opening weekend for a Will Farrell film.

• 3 months later...

Archived