Pregnancy

Max

• Members

Although, ironically, while I have never been an expecting father (nor do I even want children), I find the topic of pregnancy to be so fascinating. Therefore, I would like to start a thread where we can talk about it.

In my opinion, pregnant women are so hot. There is just something so beautiful about the maternal glow of pregnant women, and to me they are the epitome of sexiness.

Aside from whether or not you agree with me regarding the sexiness of pregnant women, there are so many other sub-topics within the topic of pregnancy that are worth talking about, including:

*Experiences During Pregnancy: For women, feel free to talk about how it felt to be pregnant, as well as any new behaviors that you engaged in during pregnancy. For men, talk about how it felt to be an expecting father. (Obviously, this is a very personal topic for so many. If it makes you uncomfortable, then please do not talk about it. I apologize if I offended anyone for bringing this discussion up.)

*Physical Changes During Pregnancy: What were the biggest physical changes you experienced during pregnancy?

*Emotions During Pregnancy: This is so interesting, because emotions can vary so widely among different pregnant women: Some feel elated about creating a new life, while others feel sad and depressed over the prospect of losing so much personal freedom once they have the responsiblity of being a parent. Also, what emotions are common for expecting fathers to feel during this time?

*Pregnant Widows: Few things are sadder than when someone becomes a pregnant widow, and when a kid has to grow up without ever knowing its father. One time when pregnant widows got so much publicity was after 9/11, since so many pregnant women became widows on that day.

*Teenage Pregnancy: It is also a sad occasion when a teenage girl becomes pregnant. However, without engaging in a discussion about abortion, I must say that I have so much admiration for those teenage girls who actually give birth and are forced to make so many sacrifices for their babies.

*Sex During Pregnancy: For most pregnant women, it is perfectly safe to engage in sexual intercourse during pregnancy. And, while some couples experience a decrease in thier sex lives during pregnancy, I have read that many pregnant women actually become hornier. As a matter of fact, pregnancy is a time when couples can engage in unprotected sex more than ever before, since obviously there is no need to worry about getting a pregnant woman pregnant with another child during pregnancy.

*Maternity Clothing: Gone are the days when pregnant women had to wear ugly tent dresses (or other bulky clothing) in order to hide their pregnancies. Today's maternity clothing is every bit as good looking as non-maternity clothing. Additionally, it has become very trendy and sexy to wear maternity clothing that--rather than hiding one's belly--actually accentuates (or in some cases, even exposes) the pregnant belly.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

**cough cough** Britney Spears.

Pregnant women are supposed to have a "glow" when they're pregnant, but I've only seen that on a rare occasion. If you watch those baby shows on Discovery Health Channel or TLC, the women on them are not that attractive! Maybe during the first few months when your boobs are big, but you're not showing yet?? I really don't know. :lol:

Maybe it's b/c I'm straight, so I'm not attracted to women as it is, but I heard that a lot of men find pregnant women very sexy. Don't ask me why! :shrugs: I guess it's the automatic indicator that the woman has had sex, or possibly just the whole maternal aspect of it.

LOL! The female body is so strange! I'm not going to get into my personal experience, but I can definitely understand why women would get horny during their pregnancies!! ;) It makes total sense.

• Members

I've seen a good number of pregnant women who look BEAUTIFUL when pregnant.

They have some kind of "glow" to them and a sense of calm.

Of course, I have seen some pregnant women with unwanted babies look awful.

On soaps, I think MByrne looks pretty good pregnant.

• Members

Michael, I agree that Gwen Stefani was one of the most gourgeous pregnant women I have ever seen. I would also include Christine Taylor in that category.

It's really amazing how popular pregnant celebrities have become. As a matter of fact, the public didn't seem to care at all about pregnant celebrities prior to 1991. During that year, people began taking notice due to a pregnant Demi Moore appearing on the cover of Vogue. However, the interest in pregnant celebrities has really taken off in the past one or two years, as a result of the glamorous and high-profile pregnancies of Stefani, Angelina Jolie, Gwenth Paltrow, Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams, Jennifer Garner, Heidi Klum, Brooke Shields, Denise Richards, and Britney Spears.

• Members

Britney Spears and Katie Holmes looked downright horrible when they were pregnant, and Britney is pregnant again and still doesn't look good. Of course, look at the dads. If I were with Crazy Cruise or K-Fed, I don't think I would be glowing either. :lol:

I think it all comes down to what you choose to wear when pregnant. Nobody looks good in a shirt that says "It started with a kiss and ended like this" with a big arrow pointing to your stomach (a girl I graduated with had this shirt on one day in the 7-11). And trying to wear tight hoochie clothes when you have a newborn ready to bust out of your belly is not flattering in the least. Save those for when you get back to your pre-baby tummy!

Give in and wear the maternity clothes gals. Let the baby breathe, you're cutting off its circulation in those tight low-rise jeans.

• Members

As I am currently expecting, I thought I'd chime in on this. I think that women are very beautiful when pregnant. My husband says that while pregnancy is not sexy (nor should it be, IMO) it is a time when I am at my most beautiful. I am pretty curvy all the time, but pregnancy does add curves and the increased breast size never hurts. :D I think that women who try to be sexy while they are pregnant, do end up looking trashy. But IMO, Brittany Spears looks trashy most of the time (pregnant or not). I think that if a woman dresses nice and carries herself well, that she will be at her most beautiful. As for the maternal glow... I don't see it in myself but others have said it to me. I really think that glow is just a state of mind and how a pregnant woman carries herself.

As for pregnant widows... This is a very scary thought to me being married to a soldier. My husband is not going to Iraq while I am pregnant, but he is set to go 2 months after the baby is born. While this will be his second rotation, and for the most part I feel he's safe, there is always the nagging fear that he won't return home. Since we already have a six year old son, it's even more scary. I'm not sure if it would be harder to deal with the little boy that knows his father and loves him to pieces, or the little girl that will be too young to even remember seeing her daddy. It's terrifying for a person in my position.

On to maternity clothes... There are some really great maternity clothes out there but they are so expensive! Since I work full time, I was forced to buy maternity clothes that are appropriate for the office. These clothe cost the same and in some cases more than my regular office atire. I also find that maternity clothes hardly ever go on sale. I just really feel like I'm throwing away money when I pay that much for "temporary clothing".

• Members

My heart goes out to you Ms. Tee. I'm sure everyone here hopes your husband will have a safe tour of duty. I hope you have a lot of support from family and friends.

My niece is due in August and she looks radiant. This is after years of painful endometriosis.

• Members

SweetNYGal, I'm due on September 1st. It's gonna be one long hot summer with this little bun in the oven. I'm taking care of myself and so far all is good.

Thanks for the kind words, Toadstool. I'm pretty sure he will be just as safe this time as he was the last time, but there is always that little bit of fear. I do have a good support system here, and I know I'm gonna need them while he's away.

• Members

I take it this is not your first child, Ms. Tee. How many do you have?

When my older sister was pregnant the first time, it was hell for the first 2 months and not much better later on. By the time she had her third, the niece I mentioned, even I, then a 9 year old, noticed how content and serene she looked. But she !@#$%^&*]es about how her daughter got that on the first try :lol:

Archived