Angelina & Brad Have a Girl!

Chanel

• Members

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have welcomed a baby girl, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, a rep for the couple confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

The child was born on May 27, at night, in the African country of Namibia.

The new parents, along with kids Maddox, 4, and Zahara, 1, have been staying at a luxury resort in Namibia since April, where their personal security team and Namibian police have shielded them from paparazzi.

Last week, the Namibian government said foreign journalists wishing to cover the birth must have written permission from Pitt and Jolie to enter the country and obtain a work permit.

The new girl is the couple's first biological child. Jolie adopted Maddox from Cambodia in 2002 and Zahara from Ethiopia last year. Pitt is in the process of legally adopting both children.

The baby is the latest step in a life-changing year during which Pitt and Jolie went from costars (in last summer's slick crime thriller Mr. and Mrs. Smith) to supercouple to, finally, Mommy and Daddy.

"It's the idea that you love one another and you want to create a family together," a friend of the couple's told PEOPLE earlier this year. "What's beautiful is you can do it by birth (or) by adoption."

Word that Angelina was pregnant first broke on Jan. 11, when representatives of both stars confirmed the baby news to PEOPLE after the actress and U.N. goodwill ambassador had confided to a charity aid worker in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic: "Yes, I'm pregnant."

The pregnancy news – which came shortly after Pitt's announcement that he planned to adopt Maddox and Zahara – might have been a media bombshell, but it was a natural progression for the pair who put nest-building on the fast track.

Jolie, 30, had long spoken about expanding her family, and told PEOPLE last October that she would like to adopt again. "There's something about making a choice, waking up and traveling somewhere and finding your family," she said.

Pitt, 42, has also often talked about wanting a family. He has no children from his 4-year marriage to Jennifer Aniston, which ended last year.

"I think he'll be wonderful (with the new baby)," Pitt's Assassination of Jesse James costar, Mary-Louise Parker, told PEOPLE earlier this year. "He's a great guy, conscientious and kind. I'm happy for both of them

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19...1184497,00.html

Congrats to them!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shiloh is a beautiful name. But being a tad older than the rest of you, I've had that damned song "Shiloh" by Neil Diamond running through my head all morning. I'm a fan of Neil's but not that song. :(

• Members

At least they're not as scary as Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

Brad and Angelina may have hooked up in a not-so-good way, but at least Brad didn't brainwash Angelina into spreading her legs and knocking her up.

Congrats to them and I think they will do a good job raising their daughter.

• Members

Ha ha, I love how people want to make Brad or Angelina to be the bad person. We don't know the real story. Who's to say that Jennifer wasn't some uber bitch who drove Brad insane. Who's to say that she didn't drive Brad crazy. We don't know. Don't judge them unless you know the full story. That's all I'm saying. And....no matter how Brad & Angelina became a couple, at least they're happy. I wish them the best.

• Members

I have to dissent.

In a perfect world, free of judgment, there would be no red flags or eyebrows raised when a man leaves his wife and is photographed jet setting around the world with his new paramour. I'm a fan of Angelina and admire her charitable work and nanced character, but I do think she and Brad had a relationship long before his marriage ended. Billy Bob and Laura Dern anyone? Holding hands and clandestine meetings do not a friendship make.

Granted, let he without sin cast the first stone but not everyone who isn't a fan of 'Brangelina' is simply a hater. It's just the way it is. I'm not a fan myself, but I no longer care if they implode. My irritation with their over saturation has waned.

I believe in karma; any wrongs committed will be avenged. It sucks to have your happiness "stolen". The truth always unveils itself, but I digress.

Conversely, Jennifer gets painted as a career obsessed woman who dared put her career above a man. :rolleyes:

In any event, I hope the new family is happy. As Bree pointed out, they are much more tolerable than TomKat. I [!@#$%^&*] hate those two.

• Members

I'm a Jennifer Aniston fan, and I'm happy for Brad and Angelina, as I am for any good people who have a child. A baby is a miracle.

I wish the media would move on. Jennifer has, Brad has, Angelina has, most people have. The horse is dead and frozen, stop beating it. They got together the wrong way, adultry is never right - ever. But they are responsible for it, they'll pay the karma.

Shiloh means peace right? Her name means "new peace" or something in hebrew. I think. Could be wrong.

Shiloh > Suri.

Bwuahaha, so with you all on TomKat. Kate Holmes freak me out, bring back KATIE.

Archived