Goign through a rough month or so

KBT

• Members

Right now I am having a very rough time, so if I seem off I apologize. The last 2 months my mom has been this totally new person and finally after one of the biggest arguments ever, we decided to force my mom to take some pills or commit her to a mental hospital. My dad called the doc because my mom had become unliveable to be around, she wouldnt shutup for anything, its like she was high on coke for 24 hours straight. She rambled on for HOURS, one time me and my mom talked on the phone back to back to days for 4 hours at a time each. And this was at 3-7 in the morning while I was at work. So after taking her pills and seeing a few doctors my mom was diagnosed as bi-polar. All 4 doctors she has seen in her life has pointed out her very high IQ and mentioned that to her, so I think her brain works so fast it drives her crazy sometimes. I feel so bad for her because she has tried to tell us all her life how fast her brain works, and thats why she drank for so many years. After being an alcoholic for 17 years she finally quit January 1st, 2005. She hasnt had a drop since, but the doc had her on so much medicine she couldnt deal with life right without the alcohol. Come to find out her old doctor is now in a alzheimers place in Florida. My parents are talking to lawyers right now because she really fucked up my mom with how many pills she had my mom on. The lawyers say we have a great case, but I dont care about money, my mom will probably never be the same again. Right now she is getting better, but its just not my mom that I really know. I almost cried the other day after seeing her at the store, she just isnt the same person. I feel really bad for her and my dad who loves her more than anything. I really couldnt have a better dad, who has stuck with my mom for almost 26 years now through the toughest times. With me and my brother moved out now and my sister turning 18 and moving out soon I think my mom wont have as near as much pressure or stress anymore. Her new doctor has told her to not to have a job right now and just work on herself getting better mentally. The doc said it will take a while for her to try and get back to normal after all the pills she was on, and the main thing is no stress. So right now I am being as nice as I can to her, hopefully in the end everything will work itself out. I really do care for so many people on this board, so please everyone pray for my mom, I would greatly appreciate it. I wouldn't just post this anywhere, I trust this board.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kirk,

The fact that you have the confidence in the people on this board to share this personal information with everyone here is proof of how classy, intelligent, and good hearted the members here are.

I've experienced the pain of mental illness via family and friends and I know its an incredibly hard time for you right now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope everything works out for you. If you ever need to talk or vent, myself or countless others at SON will be more than happy to be there to listen.

Keep your chin up and stay strong!

• Members

Kirk, that's awful. You know I'm always here for you, as are tons of people on the board! I will definitely keep her and you and your family in my thoughts.

Don't give up hope on her getting better though.

• Members

Everyone who replied thanks a lot, every little bit of support helps right now. ;)

We have just found out that the doctor she had is now in an full phaze/blown alzheimers home down in Florida. So now we are going to sue her ass, so maybe lots of money is coming our way. My mom is all for it and she is somone who would rarely borrow money no matter the situation. Supposedly my mom has a strong case. My mom is in the very early stages of finding a lawyer as we speak.

• Members

Kirk, I feel so bad for you and your family and I want you to know they will be in my prayers.

I have never had to deal with anyone with mental illness, but I have had to deal with alchoholism and I know just how destructive it can be to a family.

Just know that everyone here at SON is there for you no matter what. Take care buddy and best of luck.

Archived