Stephen Colbert: Brilliant

Shawn

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

haha - WOW - I can't believe he can stand up there and say that to the President...I mean it's funny, but he's got some big balls.

I wonder why they even invited him though to speak...if I were Bush I'd tell him to stop talking and move on with the event or ceremony or reception or whatever it is going on. I wouldn't just sit there and listen to that. I mean he is the President - he has the power to say STFU. haha

• Members

Yeah, I thought exactly the same thing. Especially after finding out that the media hardly mentioned his appearance at all. They probably expected him to be a wuss and play nice. They dont know Colbert. :lol:

• Members

I saw this on C-SPAN when it first aired, and I couldn't believe what was going on.

Stephen Colbert is amazing! I love his show b/c it's a total spoof of FOX news' Bill O'Reilly show, and he acts like he supports Bush, but is really just making fun of him.

Best line:

"This administration is not sinking. This administration is soaring! If anything, they're rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg!"

I'm sure that someone must have lost their job over this.

Also, Dubya has not aged well at all! Isn't he only 59?? He looks ancient! I guess that's what being president does to you. :blink:

• Members

Stephen Colbert is so much better than that overrated Jon Stewart. When his show first premiered I avoided it because I hate The Daily Show, but I caught it by accident and have been in love ever since.

Colbert plays the role so incredibly well and the show has a nice structure.

• Members

You are all right about the p-whipped media not covering Colbert's explosion...instead they went ga ga over Bush and his look alike.

Thankfully I read the Huffington Post daily (huffingtonpost.com) where Colbert's brilliant critique was top news minutes after it happened.

Archived