ARTICLE: Jonathan Jackson Back to ‘General Hospital’ as Lucky Spencer

Errol

• Webmaster
Jonathan Jackson, Lucky Spencer, General Hospital, GH, GH ABC, #GH, #GeneralHospital

Jonathan Jackson is making his long-awaited return as Lucky Spencer on “General Hospital,” Deadline‘s Lynette Rice reported.

According to the outlet, Jackson will be back in Port Charles as his Daytime Emmy Award-winning character “later this summer in what is expected to be a long run.” This also marks the first time Jackson will have been back on the show since making a brief appearance in 2015.

The news of Jackson’s return to the show coincides with executive producer Frank Valentini letting it slip earlier this month that a former male cast member would return and that fans would “go crazy for him.”

Look for Jackson to begin taping later this summer at “General Hospital” with his first airdate set for early fall. Storyline details remain under wraps, but fans should expect a reunion of sorts between Elizabeth (Rebecca Herbst) and Lucky as they deal with what’s happening in their children’s lives, particularly Aidan Webber (Tristan Riggs), who announced to his mother that he was gay.

Rebecca Herbst, Elizabeth Webber, Jonathan Jackson, Lucky Spencer, General Hospital, GH, GH ABC, #GH, #GeneralHospital
Rebecca Herbst, Jonathan Jackson
Michael Yada/ABC

Separate from Jackson, Deadline also reports that more past characters are set to appear on the show in the next few months, which aligns with what I’d been hearing about the show as it gears up for a reset of sorts heading into the fall season under head writer Elizabeth Korte.

On Monday, it was announced that Bryan Craig would return to the show as Morgan Corinthos for a single episode in early August, likely as a ghost or a vision as viewers will recall, the character was formally killed in a car bomb back in 2016 and has previously made brief appearances as a ghost or vision.

Since making his formal exit from “General Hospital” in 2011, Jackson went on to star for six seasons on ABC’s “Nashville,” playing Avery Barkley, an aspiring country music star who went on to create a family with Hayden Panettiere’s (“Guiding Light”) country/pop singer character Juliette Barnes.

On the film side, Jackson has appeared in such films as “Tuck Everlasting,” “Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights,” “Venom,” and more recently “Unsung Hero.”

Note: The post Jonathan Jackson Back to ‘General Hospital’ as Lucky Spencer appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hopefully it won't be like that. 

I'm just sooooooo happy. As soon as PM came on, I was hoping for this. Because Laura NEEDS her kids on canvas. And I hoped for it due to how she had been positioned. And this fall...her baby is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my God, I'm spazzing out right now. LOL!!!

That would send me to the moon even more than Lucky finally coming home. 

• Members

I cannot wait for Genie and JJ to share scenes together again, without it being all about Luke and Lucky. They had their own special relationship before the Nikolas/rape reveals, and his other returns were dominated by Geary. I was wondering if it was him when Frank teased it, then it came out the return was more like late summer/early fall. It takes time to relocate your family that is if they were still living abroad.

I saw Deadline posted it, I assume they had the exclusive?

Edited by titan1978