The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

GF is history - they're not bringing her back. It's just to play with the LnL diehards. After the debacle of Claudia and Brenda, there is no point. Even Robin hasn't been an altogether successful return of a 90's character.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^^If you've been watching for more than 15 years yeah.

But if you're relatively new - which increasingly is true of the viewership - that's nothing but a whole lot of has-beens being paraded out to appease the old-time viewers.

About to watch Change of Habit. Did we know all this?

Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)

Zertigo Diamond Caper (1982)

In the Matter of Karen Ann Quinlan (1977)

Panic in Echo Park (1977)

Widow (1976)

One is a Lonely Number (1972)

Welcome Home, Johnny Bristol (1972)

Change of Habit (1969)

The Final War (1962)

• Members

I don't think that's true. At other boards I read NUMEROUS people saying things like:

"I've only been watching since 2008, so I don't know as much about history...But I feel that Laura and Bobbie should be there. It makes no sense for them not to be."

And:

"I've never even seen Audrey, but they mention her enough to know Liz is close to her...Why wouldn't she be at Jake's funeral?"

Even new fans realize how dumb this is.

• Members

I think that's true of some but not of most. And/or TPTB might be thinking about the can of worms they would open up by having those vets back. Regardless of their reasoning they will never be able to satisfy the viewership - either they don't bring them back or they do and the viewers complain from the get-go because they aren't anything more than decoration. In a situation like that where they can't win, I'm not surprised at TPTB for saying frack it and saving the money.

Just finished Change of Habit - funny that a young Jewish woman would be that driven to praise in a church, lol. And what can I say - it's just as bad as every other Elvis movie. Wasn't there some reference to a little somethin' somethin' between JE and The King? There were a few times she looked at him and I could believe it. Too bad she didn't have a role with meat in it. But alas, she was in the credits so that's nothing to sneeze at.

• Members

Well I'm glad there's no funeral. That might be too hard.

Also, I would rather see vets back as woodwork than not at all. Better to have them there and not talking then not at all. An absence is far more glaring.

That's what I thought about the Maxie/Spinelli wedding last year. Bobbie was there, but she didn't talk. I thought it was very appropriate that she was there, because of the Maxie/Bobbie history. Was I disappointed she didn't talk? Yeah...But it was an acknowledgement to history and I appreciated. The same goes with Josslyn's christening.

But absence, like at LuNacy's wedding, is far more jarring and glaring.

• Members

I'm not saying I disagree with you, SB. I'm just pointing out what might very well be the mentality. Sometimes being seen but not heard is worse than not being seen at all.

If I was writing this show, it would all be different…...

• Members

No, she's not a Tracy rip-off - she doesn't have the emotional depth and baggage Tracy has.

But having said that, I love Diane's sass and sexual energy, and that is very much in the vein of Tracy. Considering Tracy is the quintessentially misunderstood vixen, almost every female character who follows will ape her in some ways.

• Members

With so many battling insiders it's hard to know which truth is truth.

But I wouldn't be completely surprised given the back-peddling done with the whole BH thing. Some's head had to roll for that PR nightmare. My only concern is whether we're going to loose LuNacy because a new HW might think they have to sleep with the LnLers to raise number again.

• Members

Sod retracted on guzs but some think tgey could deny it and itbe truth soon.

Lunacy Tiday. Tracy showed up for honeymoon. Saw Luke upsat. He tells her about Jake. Tells her Jake was a q a d Sirry he didn't tell her but it was ll2 story to tell and how wanted to keep him safe.

Tracy shocked but feels bad. Only one scene but she was by his side in montage waiting on news

Edited by hookedongh