• Members

I liked the Xander and Nicole scenes.

That's about it.

LG as Sarah can just grate on my nerves sometimes.  I know Theresa is awful and the schemer in this, but sometimes LG plays Sarah so smug, self-righteous and unlikable.  Today was one of those days.  Xander forced Theresa to basically be a slave and drug mule and Sarah just acts super sanctimonious and superior.  Ugh..those scenes were unbearable.  And Bonnie is an absolute idiot for suggesting a double wedding.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

NuGabi: no, no, no unless they're planning to feature an anorexia plot

Newish Tate: no, no, no, reminds me of Guy Wilson. I'd rather watch paint dry unless it's on a Spellman-Drucker approved set like revamped Horton living room where I believe they used the Guy Wilson era curtains.  That set is positively stomach churning.  

Janet Drucker is worse than Albert. 

• Members

Xander did not force Theresa to be a slave and drug mule. She sent him to prison on a fake rape charge, then she ended up going to Mexico with her ex the drug lord to protect Tate and Brady. Xander happened upon her there and negotiated her release in exchange for her putting a good word in with Victor. They had to leave Chloe behind because El Fideo was obsessed with her. He assumed Xander was going to kill Theresa so let him take her away.

• Members

I think the charisma and chemistry of the actors really sold those scenes. Because the content would've been torn apart if it was in the hands of most other characters.  I mean, the switch in tone from throwing barbs at each other to being empathic gave me whiplash.

I'm calling it that I like nu-Gabi, but she looks very young.  Imagine her in scenes with Tate?  They'll look like contemporaries.

It is always amusing when Brady is suddenly not clueless.  He is such a dope 90% of the time, that when he actually uses deductive reasoning, it is shocking.  And, I appreciate that they remembered that Brady and Alex work together, even though we still have no resolution for Gabi getting a job now that the single issue of the magazine flopped. 

Finally, I am loath to comment on a woman's choice to improve their appearance, but Bonnie's facework has settled in nicely.  When she first appeared after surgery, it was shocking, but now she looks great.  That being said, if I had to be on TV for forty years, from 19 to 60 years old, I'd just throw on a veil and audition for the newest iteration of Vanessa Prentiss from Y&R.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Cherie Jimenez (nuGabi) just celebrated her 37th birthday per her instagram, but she sometimes looks younger.

Leo Howard (Tate) is 26 (will turn 27 in July), but he looks older, and he is engaged to Natasha Hall (temp Sloan) who is around 34.

Brandon Barash is 44 (will turn 45 in October).

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Oops.  I probably remembered it wrong and don't feel like looking it up.  I'll take your word for it.  

Doesn't change the fact I find Sarah unbearable and that there are reasons Theresa dislikes Xander.

Agreed.  Another set of characters that should hate one another, but the whole conversation ended up being surprisingly touching.

• Members

Telfer and Zucker are really excellent screen partners, and when Allison Sweeney returned briefly to reveal Xander and Nicole's ONS at Eric and Nicole's wedding, I had hoped to see more scenes between all three; it's like Telfer has always been there in the midst of Nicole and Sami's shenanigan's when in reality he arrived on the scene long after their rivalry was pushed aside. 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

Xander has been involved in so many different parts of the canvas it's crazy.  Nicole mentioning him shooting Marlena is so random and I forgot about it lol.  

AZ and PT are good screen partners, but I feel like they also work well everywhere.

I know BB's new wife is pretty young, but to be fair his ex-wife and baby momma KS is only a few years younger than him.

• Members

I still think it’s too soon for me to judge anything about NuGabi, but I didn’t think she was bad or anything. I’d say Stefan/BB was the one who stunk up those scenes the most. 

Johnny and Chanel was the best storyline today. I really enjoyed the scenes of EJ comforting Johnny and Abe comforting Chanel. Plus, I thought Raven Bowens did really well again. I hope the miscarriage is the catalyst for a huge conflict for Johnny and Chanel. They can do so many storylines and conflicts with this couple and they’d be really stupid to not feature them as much as they could.

And the cliffhanger with EJ, Nicole and Melinda good too, even though Melinda is a total a**hole. I kinda wish that Days would send her packing too. 

• Members

Sarah has every right to act smug and self-righteous, especially when she eventually finds out that Theresa helped Konstantin kidnap her own daughter. I hope she continues to act smug and self-righteous to her all day long. And I also need for Xander to finish the job that Konstantin was going to do and strangle the very life out of Theresa. She is a dangerous sociopath and a menace to society and she needs to be locked away in a maximum security prison for good. 

• Members

So I get you really hate Theresa.  I don't particularly like this version of Theresa either.  

Sarah and Xander will have every right to be mad at Theresa when the truth comes out.  But given the info Sarah currently has about Theresa it felt like she was just being bitchy to Theresa just to be bitchy. 

Sarah doesn't bother me most of the time, but there are times LG plays Sarah unlikeable.  Yesterday was one of those days.  It doesn't matter who that attitude is directed towards necessarily.  She used to do it to Xander while she was lying about the baby all the time.  Acting all smug, superior and bitchy to Xander when she was actively deceiving him about the baby for no good reason.  I just find it unlikeable.