• Members
Posted (edited)

Obviously this is a soap and Xander's mother is going to be very relevant and not as bad as Xander makes her out to be.   I just think in real life there are real reasons people go no contact with immediate family and it's so pushy to make someone forgive someone else.  Trust your husband/partner/significant other when they say there are multiple reasons they don't talk to this person, especially someone as important as Xander's own mother.  We have no reason to believe Xander is lying about the trauma he experienced with his mother and Sarah should really just respect that.

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's also one of those soap things, when it's like, you've not seen your mother for years, let's invite her to our wedding (which will probably take place in someone's living room).  I mean, whatever happened to just sending an email, or a DM?  Who wants to reunite at a wedding?

• Members

And it's also like Xander/Sarah's 3rd wedding lol.  Like the fact they have a kid now will make Xander's mom change her entire ways when her own child didn't?  It's just a strange agenda to push now after Sarah not caring at all about Xander's family previously.  I obviously get why it's happening, but not every strained relationship can be resolved like a fairytale.  Sarah is very much dictating who Xander has relationships with, but Xander hasn't brought up Sarah inviting her sister Noel who slept with Rex and she doesn't talk too.

• Members

Well, it's sounds more likely Xander's mom will bring a bottle of whiskey instead lol.  I feel like Noel(le) (wiki has a different spelling of her name than what I remember on screen) is more likely to buy her something off her registry and might bring her mom Liz to sing as well.  More of a win.

• Members
Posted (edited)

There was too much Rafe and Stefan today but everything else was good.

Billy Flynn killed it once again. It really is crazy how he hasn’t won an Emmy in these last few years. As for the storyline, I’m glad that this is happening but I’m still really worried as to how this is going to play out. And why the rewrite? The original explanation was really lousy but we saw Abigail get murdered. Drugs weren’t mentioned once. I hope we get an answer to all these questions sooner or later. 

Eric and Nicole were good as well. They didn’t do much today but just seeing them in scenes together is always enjoyable. They still got that magic lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I'm so over Stefan and Brandon Barash. He needs to go!

They continue to use that same awful roach motel for remotes.

Please register in order to view this content

The best part of today's show was Eric and Nicole scenes and the MT scenes with EJ.

• Members

It's dumb, but I guess the loophole is that Clyde is the one who recounted the story of killing Abigail, right? (Maybe I'm mixing my stupid stories up, though.) So the flashbacks we saw could be what he WANTED people to think so that his drug ring wouldn't be exposed. 

It's still very stupid, but I think they have a little wiggle room to play with. 

• Members

Stefan is one of those characters without a real purpose.  His stuff with Ava was interesting a while back and I assume she will be in his orbit once Steve Burton leaves.  At this point they need to recast Gabi.  BB gets far too much airtime for a character that just goes from scene to scene talking to others about Gabi but doing little to nothing to help Gabi get out lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

But, does that assume that he was willing to go to prison with the foresight that two years later, Li's murder would allow him to force John and Steve to free him?  Or, did he think his sentence would be commuted like everyone else in Salem?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

Stefan should've stayed dead and Jake should've never existed. Brandon Barash is not needed in Salem. 

Just as in 1996 when critics said GL's Spaulding family are all the same character, this is how it is with EJ, "Kristen," and Stefan. Cut at least one of them loose. 

(Sorry Stacy, you'll never replace Eileen)

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members
Posted (edited)

I know it's just TV blah, blah, blah, but how is a cop from Salem going to arrest a criminal in Montana?  We live in America, police don't have jurisdiction across the country.

And why was Goldman's arrest off-screen?

All that being said, I enjoyed the Lucas and Ava scene.  DAYS is very good at friendships, and I would like to see Ava and Lucas have a platonic relationship based on advising each other how not to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Rafe and Stefan were odd.  Not only because of the unnecessary flashback, but also because this seems to be the first time that they've connected since Gabi went to prison.  I'm sure they've been in a scene together, but Rafe thanking Stefan for sticking by Gabi seemed so weird, given that they've not talked about her together for months. 

I am eager to know how long Clyde has known that Abigail was alive, because I think that will change a lot of the issues that I have with the story.  So, I'm willing to suspend judgement.

Edited by j swift