• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm more interested here, today, in Sam, and you aren't. You're all about Carly. 

And, to me, the Julian Jerome connection does pertain.

Also, consistently, all along, to me, Sam has made little to no sense. Even Dante told her if she continued to take this hard line with Danny, he was just going to rebel more, harder, more effectively. The only time Sam made sense IMO was when she acknowledged her own thrill-seeking days. But, instead of that creating some empathy in her about her child's point of view, she seemed to think there was something genetic in Jason that had been passed down to Danny, which couldn't be further from the truth. 

You seem to think that it was a crazy thing for Sam to seek out Carly in this regard. I happen to agree. 

Jason has been very clear with Sam. He agreed totally with her that Danny should have boundaries. He also let her know that if Danny came to him without permission that he, Jason, would bring Danny back home. And, he has done so, once so far. He did also indicate to her that he wanted to be able to see Danny & he appreciated that Danny wants that, too. And, he apologized about his first contact with Danny & asking Danny not to tell her & knowing that had been wrong. 

As far as I can tell the reason Sam went to Carly is she is not satisfied with Danny potentially having any contact with Jason. And, that's a problem. 

The bomb was meant for Julian Jerome.

And, I cannot think of any reason why either one of them would want to be friends with the other. I brought up being enemies. I did not say a thing about the converse of that. Needlessly making enemies, to me, is a bad thing. 

Carly's right about one thing. Sam knew who Jason was when she got pregnant with his child. Now, she sees things differently. But, she doesn't get to undo what was done. Jason is Danny's father. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

Any Children's Protective Services employee worth their salt would have removed Carly's kids from her home decades ago.

• Members

1000%
Them becoming friendly was bizarre, and contributes to the overly genial and generic feel the show had.

No matter how much time went by, Erica and Brooke were not friends. There was always an edge. They were not lifelong rivals their shows revisited like Dorian and Viki or Katherine and Jill. But they remained strained. Sam and Carly did not have to be actively enemies. But there should always be the edge/tension.

Jason and Carly were admitting out loud when Michael went to jail that Sonny was not a better choice than the Quartermaines. They also stayed where they were out of loyalty. Their loyalty to Sonny/each other cost their children a lot.

Even now, Carly is very angry with Sonny and they are not close like they used to be. But she still has a pull towards protecting him.

• Members

It's not really Carly's problem at all, but Sam explained that Jason didn't listen to her and did listen to Carly.  It's not entirely rational and Sam should go to Jason herself, but she did explain it pretty clearly.

• Members

The thing is, Jason did & has listened to her. They simply disagree. Like me, Jason is looking for a compromise that they can make work.

If Carly prevailed upon him to go against his own opinion & his own feelings, maybe he would do it but it would break his heart & also it would break Danny's heart. The other side of the equation is Sam's worry. And, Sam will have to worry no matter what. It is known that Danny is Jason's son & so he is a target of kidnapping for leverage. 

• Members

I could buy them calming down and approaching each other more kindly and maturely after Jason was gone in 2012. I could not buy them being super friendly or BFF any more than Carly and Liz or Sam and Liz, which is what's often happened since. So them being at each other's throats again doesn't bother me at all.

I expect when PM's work is totally gone Korte will reset it all back to Carly's World and Amazing Friends.

• Members

I thought it was an amazing scene. The dialog was to die for. Two opposing points of view, each expressed well. And, an undertone. Like when Sam said something about "as friends" & Carly interrupted with "Are we?" Real, genuine, authentic. And to their credit, they each did so well. Of course, the icing on the cake was that they escalated until they were standing face to face, screaming at each other. If Patrick was responsible for this kind of angst, I sure am gonna miss him. If someone else was behind it, maybe they can get to do some more of this. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I’ve just gotten into early June and I’m still enjoying the show quite a bit.

I only saw Carly/Drew right as they were about to break up so I actually enjoyed the scene when Drew comes to talk to her about running for office. They had a nice easy chemistry and then obviously as soon as Jason is mentioned, a bit of tension rises. Very well done scene. 

I dunno if it’s the beard or what, Cameron annoys me ten times less as Drew than he did as Ryan. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t eat the show, or because  I was always a fan of the character of Drew under BM, or maybe it’s because I’m so excited about this potential triangle with Willow and Nina. 

They really have let Natalia truly show who she is these last couple of days, first with Ava and now with Kristina at the studio. This woman is trash and Eva is playing the hell out of it.

I do have to roll my eyes that Anna is done with Sonny, but is perfectly fine with Sonny’s main Hitman despite my enjoying Jason/Anna teaming up. Was a great moment when Anna used the burner phone and it was Valentine to answer.

I guess Finn has more of an issue with alcohol than he thought. But tbh if I was the one to find my dad dead, I’d probs be drowning in booze too addiction or not. Oh [!@#$%^&*] Jake saw him with the woman at the bar omg

Please register in order to view this content

Wow if looks could kill, the way Liz looked when she walked into Finn’s apartment. Holy cow.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members
Posted (edited)

Omg Finn’s drunk ass had the nerve to start attacking Liz and saying she hasn’t been there? Just wow. I’m glad she dumped his ass even after he started boohooing. Enjoyed the timing of Jason showing up right on time.

The only thing I remember about the Liason and Sam/Lucky days is that I definitely preferred those pairings to Jason/Sam and Liz/Lucky. Greg Vaughn and Kelly were smoking hot together. And Becky and Steve were pretty hot too.  I remember thinking when JJ’s Lucky came back, I couldn’t imagine Sam ever sleeping with him.

The Jason and Liz scenes at the MC pool were really nice. Just a nice comfortable easy chemistry with each other. Jason apologizing for not being there to raise his sons was nice too. I don’t know if you need to revisit Liason but I do hope for more scenes between the exes.

Edited by Antoyne