• Members

One of my complaints is that the newer generation of Q’s have no doctors after Emily was killed off. The Quartermaines were central to both their own story orbit and the hospital. For better or worse they have been the core family with the most representation as far as members onscreen since Labine.

Now it’s like they are actively moving every character away from the hospital (Willow and Joss are not great characters, but at least they were connected to the actual hospital). Even the recurring doctors are not seen often, just randos that nod and smile and have no lines so they don’t have to pay them as much.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am one of a great many fans who love Tross! They are such good examples of girl besties. And, I love the idea that the garage apartment at the Q's has 2 bedrooms!!! Most are like studio apartments. That we saw today was spacious. 

Also loved Trina reacting to Gio as an artiste! 

• Members

They've been roommates for years. I don't mind the friendship which I feel seems very real and youthful; I mind that the show desperately wants to keep Trina as Joss' ethnic friend/Langston to her Starr. That is the role FV prefers all minority characters in, as far as I can tell.

I could understand moving Willow into the Quartermaine society world for the purposes of the Willow/Drew/Nina material PM was clearly developing (and which I think is very good). And I don't like or buy Joss working in medicine (let alone science) at all, so I was fine with that. But I do agree they need more young doctors and nurses. Another reason killing both Emily and Georgie (who I believe was looking to be pre-med or in the sciences) was foolish.

• Members

I'm really ready for them to write for Trina!! And, I accept that Gio is lined up to be her next pairing but it is also important that they be respectful of her grief over the loss of Spencer. I was impressed that Taby herself called out that racist POS last weekend & I'd like to see Trina tap into some of that. But, yes, they should take their time. 

• Members

That was good stuff, and I also enjoyed Ava's reaction.

I do think production made a mistake in leaving Gio's violin once he got to the main theme of Nessum Dorma. Why stay through the intro -- which few people recognize -- and then cut when the "chorus" kicks in?

• Members

Thanks for the correction! I thought she was 64 or 65.  NLG looks great.

Funny, I thought it was weird the way the show cut Nessum Dorma during Gio's performance too.  Although I am not sure how many people are that familiar with Tosca or Nessum Dorma.  They just know they've heard it.

• Members

I remember when Laura "died" in the lead up to Twist of Fate they had Brenda have this whole dialogue with either Sonny or Jax or someone else about how Luke never cheated on Laura.

• Members

Same, and I think it has to do with Kelly Monaco's age and the type of relationship I am sure they share.

Same. The missing generations of doctors is concerning, but Tree and Jaws were not the answer to that. Bring back a recast Lucas Jones, re-introduce Felix, see if Adam Grimes is up for reprising the role of Dr. Kyle Julian from Night Shift, and re-build up the hospital cast from there. Re-introduce a recast Maya Ward to the hospital staff, too. That would be the way for the Q's to be re-associated with the hospital, in terms of having a doctor on-staff, per the request of an ailing Monica.

• Members

I may laugh every time I see that dedicated bench for Gregory. Especially when you think how little time has been spent grieving Spencer by anyone, let alone Trina.

Austin was murdered and nobody talks about it at all. Someone attempted to kill Sonny and the feds and Anna are all over it. 

I liked Alley Mills as Heather until now. Before the Hook stuff happened she reminded me more of Mary O’Brien’s  version than Robin. Sort of a panicked schemer compared to Mattson’s cooler head, but I could see her as Heather. But if Robin Mattson isn’t going to be playing her then what are we doing? Frank needs to learn that good things can end, and it’s not always a bad thing. Get the man some therapy!

• Members

And, oddly, Peter & Gregory had something in common - fans could not wait for them to die!

Then, about Heather, there's this odd group of fans, including me, who never believed that Heather was The Hook. Clearly D&C had someone else in mind for about 3/4 the time. I personally have believed that Heather killed no one (as the Hook anyway) and she just said she did because she thought Esme had done it & was saving her daughter. We, of course, just complicate matters & get a lot of odd looks. 

• Members

I wonder if a number of those in charge weren't thrilled with NAC, especially his wanting to leave instead of linger on, and his supposedly being very supportive of the Sprina pairing when the show wanted to put Spencer elsewhere.