Y&R May 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Like everything JG does, he wrote the story totally backwards. May Sweeps would have been the perfect to reveal Jordan and Claire being the ones behind a series of strange happenings and sabotage to the Newmans after months of gaining their trust and ingraining themselves in GC society.

@YRfan23 I know you keep track of episode counts so I did notice Esther appeared briefly in the background at the Crimson Lights register in today 5/28’s scenes with Chelsea and Summer yet had no speaking role…a bit odd. As was Sharon’s 45 second scene with Chelsea.

Summer is now giving in to play nice with Claire and Sally…? A shame JG doesn’t seem to want us to see AL Summer’s claws out again. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

These three pics were spoiled for 5/28 US episode by SOD and soaphub:

Please register in order to view this content

What actually aired:

^ screencap of the episode

^ spoiler pic identical to what aired.

Seems like the Sharon/Esther scene was cut, and instead they had Esther silently behind behind the cash register in the Chelsea/Summer scene.

Also noting that Sharon has a purse in the cut scene with Esther, but no purse in the scene with Chelsea.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thanks! wow I definitely wouldn't have noticed that....poor KL.... it's too expensive to even  say a few lines, so I guess JG has no choice but to use like  they did all the way back in 1982, when she was just a "no name maid". at least back then it was affordable for her to say: "Yes Mrs. Chancellor." LOL

Please register in order to view this content

ah! that explains it even more!  LOL so it's too expensive for SC and KL to even be int he same scene with AL and MCE...

• Members

It doesn't surprise me, they probably end up cutting a lot of scenes in recent years. It's weird they don't do what B&B does and show cut footage from that days episode on the official website or app. 

• Members

Now that they are no longer taping day for day. I'm sure it is more difficult to edit everything together and some things are dropped due to time restraints.

In typical Y&R fashion, Chelsea seems to be spending the day at CL, moving tables in the process.

Watching the scene where 2 60 plus men wrestle a 70 plus woman while an 80 plus man chloroforms her had me shaking my head.

And then Victor spits out that he will never forgive Michael and Cole and they actually looked concerned. 

To think over 40 years later, Victor is still locking people in cages and feels justified in doing so. Full circle moment and zero character growth in that time.

• Members

But Victor is justified. No one seems like they can keep Jordan imprisoned to save their lives, but him at this point. lol.

Exactly! They still could had had Lauren trying to be there for Nikki and Oscar as a wedge between Nikki and Victor to find that Jordan manipulated the whole thing. And Claire still could have been obsessing over Victoria and we not know why yet, too. Except SUMMER picked up on something like she's acting now and tries to get an idea...perhaps with Chance's help. And a reveal at some big event...perhaps the C-W separate party which would reveal that, Ashley's alter, and perhaps a romantic beat or something.

IKR!!! AL is best when claws out, not in. 

• Members

Okay onto today’s episode 5/29…

So Jill is sick/having possible heart failure….? Yeesh. I sincerely hope this isn’t JG’s answer to Thudley’s “Eric is dying” story over on B&B last fall. 

Of course knowing JG all of this will probably be held offscreen, unless Hasselhoff is going make a surprise appearance again as Snapper since he was mentioned by name today. JG is terrible at these health illness stories yet keeps telling them. 

Ugh I was kind of hoping we’d never seen to Chloe again but honestly Sally is better off having Audra as a pal than an unsuccessful sociopath lol. Good riddance. 

Way to go Diane for finally speaking the truth about how nonsensical it is for Jack to be Nikki’s sponsor especially since Jack still drinks. 

• Members

5-24

Well, I'll say this much...say what you want about the Jordan storyline...but THAT was a Friday cliffhanger!!!  Silly Michael and Cole...Victor knows EVERYTHING. I was not expecting that cuz JOSH GRIFFITH. And on a FRIDAY??? Well done. 

I also was not expecting REAL Ashley. And her to be around for a good minute. So good on Tucker for getting through to her and keeping her out. And getting her to the Abbot house. And her friend able to get through to Ashley and explain the DID of it all. And now I am getting curious again because he AND Ashley are saying the same thing we all have been saying. All we have seen is an argument between her and Tucker. So...WHAT HAPPENED between Tucker storming off and Ashley coming back to Geona City. Hmmm...?

• Members

I do love that we’re finally getting Ashley and the other characters questioning what else could’ve possibly happened in Paris, because the argument with Tucker was not traumatic. I was actually shocked this was getting addressed and is giving me hope again in the story which is truly my favorite on the show. 

So annoyed with Cole and Michael. Victor is actually completely right and justified in what he’s doing to Jordan.

• Members

Same. It is not my favorite story, but over everything else Ashley's story reign supreme. Eileen Davidson is giving a masterclass. She has great support in all the actors PB, BM especially, CC. And even TSJ has his moments when he shines in it. But again...the argument with Tucker was not that traumatic. So I really love they said that on-screen and have added this very angle. If it's a true doozy, I might take any complaint back about it and it might be my favorite story cuz...who knew? lol.

Totally on Victor. Given how the Jordan storyline has played out since this year started and how many times Jordan has escaped and has mentioned she WOULD...NOT...STOP...why is anyone side-eyeing Victor? He is actually justified for a chance cuz that woman is cray cray and has not even tried to redeem herself. 

• Members

Like how many people does Jordan have to kill and how many times does she have to escape? The fact that Victor finally had her in such a way that the legal system couldn’t, worked for me. This woman has tried to kill them multiple times and has killed multiple people to get to them.

Man if they stick the landing with this Ashley story.

• Members

Someone today asked me if Esther is still a maid. I assume she isn't, but I have not watched Y&R very much in a number of years (and years). 

(I know Esther barely appears anyway)

Who lives in the Chancellor mansion now? Does anyone?