• Members

Yeah, I agree. All it should take is a not from the EP or director. Instead, what's important to them is taping 74 episodes a week and getting it over with while the actors do what the hell they want.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For example, we still don't know the third culprit in Clyde's scheme.  Goldman shot at Lucas, as evidenced by the pain in her ribs after she was shot by Kate.  Stefan shot Harris.  But, who started the fire?

• Members

I agree too, but I don't think anyone has the gall to tell Deidre or Suzanne to act like adults and as long as everyone shows up and says their lines Days is cool with it.

Their scenes were technically fine.  The point and the story came across.  It just was a bit unbelievable Marlena/Maggie were friends for 45 years by the way they were acting.  John did say it was important Marlena was there because Maggie trusts her so much today, so I guess there is that.

I kept thinking the other new cop (not Goldman) was also suspicious so I thought they might be working together.  He hasn't appeared again so probably not.

• Members

It would be completely consistent for the Salem PD if all of their new hires, Goldman, Harris, and the new guy, were involved in criminal conspiracies.  Maybe Jada and Rafe shouldn't be able to date if they are this distracted from the supervisory duties?

Please register in order to view this content

Also, how does Harris still have friends in the Navy SEALS?  And, why do Navy SEALS know how to decrypt a drug diary?  One website questioned if this was Harris's last episode.  If so, even though he was shirtless more often than he's been for a decade on GH, he's going out with a whimper.

• Members

Is it his last episode?  It didn't feel like it.  I'll be honest after I heard Burton was back to GH I checked out on the entire story even though I actually like Harris and I think Harris/Ava are cute.  No point in investing.

• Members

I'm just gonna chalk up the apparent emotional distance between Marlena and Maggie to "it's not really 'Doc,' it's one of her clones," and leave it at that, lol.

But seriously.  This is when you need a Frank Valentini-type to come in and mediate.  Maybe invite SR and DH to lunch at some nice, pricey restaurant where there's lots of wine, and everyone can sit down and (hopefully) hash out their differences in a peaceful manner.  Trust me: nothing smooths over the rough patches between two women better than a bottle or two of chardonnay.

• Members

At first, I suspected that the striking writers (whoever they were) had no idea about the BTS tensions between DH and SR and that production moves too fast to really do anything about that kind of stuff.  But now, I'm not so sure.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I can't tell you the exact timing of their last scenes.  The rift seem to become clear after the DH's returned in 2011.  I think DH/SR had 5 scenes together total in the 2011-2023 period and maybe one where they actually spoke more than a few words to one another.  It was strange at many points although it didn't really affect the show.  It was just weird Marlena/Maggie didn't seem to be friends anymore.

Once RC/Scabs/Whoever decided to make John a major player in this Konstantin saga I think it became too hard to keep Marlena out of the story.  Plus, the canon on the show was always that Marlena/Maggie were still good friends just mostly off screen or something.

I basically think that's the case.  And it's not like SR/DH have ever come out and said they had issues.  It was just obvious.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

This is total supposition without any facts, but what if DH has less say with the change in executive producers?  In other words, maybe the fired guy allowed her to say with whom she would share scenes, but the current exec is more democratic.

• Members

As an individual episode, I thought that today was good. I like the juxtaposition of scenes like Chad/Thomas/Julie and Julie/Paulina against scenes like Nicole/Holly and Paulina/Chanel. It was good to see some drama that could drive future storyline. And good to see that younger characters Holly and Chanel be so angsty. 

But it all seemed to come out of nowhere. The same could be said for Sloan asking Nicole to hold Baby Jude

I like this, but there really needed to be a lot more coordination between Ron and the scab writers, that the way the storyline could flow more naturally and we’d end up expecting things like this. 

The cliffhanger was good too. I’m curious as to what gonna happen, now that EJ has the proof that Eric is the father. His actions could drive a lot of storylines and I’m really looking forward to that. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

There couldn't be any coordination between Ron and the scab writers.
The WGA strike rules made it clear: in order to remain in good standing with the guild (union) , writers couldn't plan, draft, write, or communicate writing ideas during the entire span of the strike.

Well maybe you were just saying you *wish* there could have been coordination, even though we know there couldn't be.  I get that.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The Chanel drama seems warranted and I think RB did a really good job today.  CB acted the same way Johnny does everyday 

, so he wasn't stretching himself much.

The Holly/Nicole fight when from 0 to insanity so quick though lol.  I don't know why Holly thought Nicole would let her go to prom especially without asking or making any concessions or compromises.  Actually, I question Aaron's parents for letting him go to prom with the girl that just OD'd on drugs and lied, forcing her last bf to go to juvie.

Did EJ ask Rolf if Jude was just a "commoner" when he got the test results?  I didn't rewind, but if so, hilarious.

• Members
Posted (edited)

today evoked a couple of thoughts and questions

For those still wondering about the flashback timeline, today in Salem it is Sunday, Mother's Day.  So they exist on the slightest futuristic plane in the multiverse.

The Bistro serves supermarket bagels?  Where's the croissant? the baguette? at least a danish...

How much do you want to bet that Rolf was just stalling whilst waiting for the 23&me results?  He didn't do his own DNA test.

Topaz?  Can't Eric do anything correctly?  And who wants a donut before they make sweet sweet love?

Edited by j swift