• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

So I may be super slow on the uptake and I've mentioned the GL similarity before but uh... could the Drew Q political/business sphere with Nina and Willow (which again, I've really enjoyed being built up and will really miss if Korte nukes it - I even like the whole urban redevelopment angle, which could push on Sonny) be Mulcahey even more liberally lifting from his Ross material from GL and having Drew potentially do just as Ross did romantically with Holly and Blake? Not quite the same thing as that situation, but still.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Today's Ava "reveal" (retcon) re: the Alexis story is just yet another example of Ava being further written into a corner. At this point, I'd be shocked if the big November sweeps story isn't a 'Who Killed Ava?' whodunit.

Jinx

• Members
Posted (edited)

It could've been*. Most soap writers seem to have their pet story and character ideas.  Bill Bell, for instance, loved telling stories where siblings fall in love with the same person (as was just mentioned in the DAYS thread); and Agnes Nixon clearly loved writing for anti-heroines with single moms, who lived on the wrong side of the tracks and dreamed of having a better life.  Maybe the mother/daughter/boyfriend story is Mulcahey's favorite?  (Gosh, I wish he had written for KNOTS LANDING back in the day, lol). 

*I say "could've been," because, well, you know.

Perhaps, but it's all up in the air, now that PM is out and Korte, for the time being, is sole HW.  Plus, as we know, FV just hates getting rid of anyone on this show, no matter how played out they are, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'd fake it or have her survive, but Who Shot Ava would work just fine too. Still, it could be beautifully done either way, with Ava staying or without. I do agree I'd sooner knife 10-20 other characters.

Edited by Vee

• Administrator

"I had one drink....maybe more."  End of show.  Jesus Christ, this show.  LOL.   At the end of yesterday's episode, Chase was going to find Tracy to tell her the news, and then nothing today.  For months we saw Gregory/Tracy's friendship, so when he dies, we don't even get to see her reaction?  I just never expected to see the writing from this regime to be this bad. 

I thought Jophielle Love was great in those emotional scenes yesterday.  I know people make fun of her because her character can be annoying at times, but I do think Jophielle is talented.  I think she's going to be really good as she gets older.  She reminds me of McKenna Grace and Alyvia Alyn Lind who both showed a lot of potential at that young age when they were at Y&R.  

• Members

I’m at the wedding episodes.

While I have no history with Brooklyn and Chase as a couple, it’s nice to see so much effort being given to a Quartermaine wedding given how they were once treated.

The brief Drew and Jason scene was great. So much tension. 

• Members

I'm also working my way backwards (while also watching some of this week) since I've been dealing with some IRL stuff, I do think much of the wedding episodes are very solid character work and Gregory's meltdown at the altar was legitimately hard to watch - the stuff with Tracy stepping in, the script falling down, etc. was all quite good and so was Ned giving BLQ away. Also good was the preceding stuff with Valentin and Ava coming closer to each other's scheming orbit, Wagger drawing down on Ava and the really great scenes with Anna absolutely obliterating Carly - I haven't seen that done to her in years, and you wonder if it was a straw that broke the camel's back BTS.

The issue is that the Pikeman saga, the only driving story currently on the show, has been stalled out for weeks or perhaps months and is only starting to ramp up again now. I blame this partly on FV's actor guarantee shuffle keeping Steve just standing around hauling his little bags for weeks, and partly on whatever the hell has been going on BTS. It would not shock me if part of the stall is due to Frank trying to find a way to save Valentin/JPS, who he clearly adores. (The scene with Anna trying to work Valentin at dinner and going back over his past as he clarifies his motives and compartmentalization was good - Stuart is historically best at playing a sleaze, not a leading man.) As I've said before, unless Mulcahey manages to ice him before his work ends I fully expect them to do some sort of half-ass save on Valentin, like they were forced to do with Julian years ago (who FV wanted out) - where they blamed him pulling the knife that killed Alexis' mother on her on the evils of Olivia Jerome. I expect all this to end up blamed on Jennifer Smith instead, or old Frank's AI-preserved brain or Peter August from beyond the grave, you name it.