• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

He and Jonathan Jackson could've run the show for years like Luke and Scorpio BITD. They were the natural heirs. I've been saying this for too long. It was such a waste. And the instant Guza's team was gone, Dante became another stock clueless 'good' male lead like most of Ron and Frank's work on OLTL. He's been wasted ever since. Dominic should still be leading, not a B or C player as he is now. The writing for him in his early years was so rich and layered.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's so strange DZ left and GH made a huge deal about Dante coming back and didn't do anything with him really.

DZ is so charming and charismatic.  And while I do think he's a bit wasted on Sam she is a lead too.  They are treated like this D level pairing.  Honestly, they should have dumped the Brook Lynn/Chase wedding and had a Dante/Sam wedding.  The drama would have been so much better with Sonny, Jason, Carly etc and then Violet would not have been needed to sing lol.

*although I did think the Violet actress did a decent job today.  I am not a child hating, heartless monster all the time lol.

• Members

Well, they were leads. But for several years now they've been supporting. It absolutely is a C-D pairing at best. PM and co. did their best to elevate the couple in March during the shooting story and they did, but it has always been an afterthought for two characters the show no longer cares about but does not want to get rid of. Their fans are loud on social media but all fans of mediocre or minor couples are these days.

If it was me, Sam would leave (or die) and Dante would remain. Not that complicated.

I will catch up this week lol. I am in process. The GH exit interview where he talked lovingly about the actress being as bossy and precocious offscreen as on honestly sounded like a nightmare to me. But I'm sure she's a very charming child. In doses.

• Members

You know I am not a Sam fan and wouldn't care if KMe just stopped appearing one day lol.   I can at least admit both DZ/KMe could handle more material and I do think after the shooting I buy the pairing a bit more.  I honestly don't care one way or the other, but I do think them getting married would have been more drama filled than Grandma Brook.  Re-casting Lulu would be ideal though.

Oh, Violet is a nightmare.  I just thought she conveyed the emotion today pretty well.  Again, if she was shipped off to Hayden tomorrow I'd be fine.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

If ME actually is let go (which I now have serious doubts about with PM already gone) I fear Violet would just be adopted by "Aunt Liz" as an honorary Webber (I mean, technically she is one but come on). At which point I'm slitting my wrists.

Edited by Vee

• Members

That's a real fear.  They probably will park Violet with Liz.  But is there an actual reason Hayden doesn't want her own child?  I think it had something to do with Nik but he's in jail so she's free and clear to come grab her child.

• Members
Posted (edited)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tylenol_murders

The Hollyoaks story, as one of a million ways they are trying to dump most of their cast, had a number of stressed characters buying pills from the dealers of longtime local thug Warren. He did not know the pills were tainted (if there are more details someone else can fill them in). Two of the people who took them died - one in her father's arms at his wedding. (probably one of the only effective scenes I've seen on there in a while)

Edited by DRW50

• Members
Posted (edited)

A bunch of tainted Tylenol pills sold in stores in Chicago.  40 plus years ago.  They never found out who did it.  

I am not sure how widely know it was or if it was a huge story.  I think it was? I just knew because I was born in Chicago and lived there the first 10 years of my life.

Edited by carolineg