• Members

Maurice Benard was worse today than usual, and that's saying a lot.

He comes off like a complete caricature of a mob boss, and it's embarrassing. Dex didn't fight back, but that seems like a Dex move.

Still, THAT was the climax to the wedding and to the week??? Maybe I should be grateful it wasn't Brook Lynn and Chase hitting the marital bed fully-clothed.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

With everything else going on I forgot to mention I liked Gio.  He's cute and although he didn't do much he seemed pretty natural.   It was a little stilted when he called Sonny "Mr. Corinthos" and we learned Sonny pays for his music schooling and has for years.  That would imply a much closer bond between them, but whatever.   At least his music was better than Violet's singing.

• Members

I liked him, too, although I groaned when I heard they were putting him on contract.  At this point, I think Frank ought to have some sort of quota. If he keeps on hiring contract players, I just don't know if the show is gonna explode! 

• Members

Oh, I agree.  We need like 10 people to go before we add more.  But the Trina/Joss young adult scene does need a little beefing up, so it's not like the show is adding another middle aged male OLTL vet that will inevitably paired with Liz or anything lol.

• Members

Ten?  More like thirty, lol.

LOL!!

Some seem to think that a cliffhanger has to be this momentous event, like bombs going off or some such.  Sometimes, though, a cliffhanger can be as simple as a knock on the door.

• Members

Yup.  I was being kind.  I could easily get rid of 60% of the cast.

At the very least I always am clear this is the last segment/scene on Days.  Fridays usually have a solid cliffhanger to get us through the weekend.  Days has so many flaws, but they have a very clear soap structure that makes it very easy to follow along and be excited mildly interested enough to tune in the next day.

The Sonny cliffhanger yesterday was silly and weak.  I still do actually consider it a cliffhanger though.  Jason staring off into space or offering to give Danny a ride home is not.  To me GH is doing endings lately that signify these conversations are complete for the day with nothing to make us want to tune in tomorrow.

• Members
Posted (edited)

What can you say?  The past several months on GH have been weird as well, lol!

No cliffhangers, promising scenes and storylines that lead to nothing, endless amounts of time spent on events that very few, if any, care about; moments that just make you sit up and wonder if you're having a stroke....  If even part of this is Elizabeth Korte's vision for GH, then I'd be very afraid.

Edited by Khan