• Members

John Jagger has Ava rattled and I love it.

How many BDW and SW's does GH have?

The BDW's and SW's at GH are only credited for the episodes their material appears. The HW's are credited every episode because they are in charge of the long-term story.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe he was gone but they invited him back. If he never left, why did so much time pass before he showed in credits again? But, at any rate my understanding of things in real time were that Chris was fired but rehired. Also in real time it was said that Dan was gonna pull an Ingo since of course suing worked out so well! 

Shannon Peace was fired because of Shannon Peace. 1. Said to be the weakest BDW. 2. Everyone was given notes & a chance to react to notes. Some people saved their jobs because of how they reacted to their notes. Implication being that the people who did not react well to their notes, well, they were outta there. A litmus test, if you will. 

• Members

A former head writer taking on a new role is not all that uncommon. Hogan Sheffer came back to ATWT as an outline writer.  Richard Culliton twice left as AW head writer and became break down and/or script writer.  There are many other examples.  Chris has been with ABC for years and GH for years, makes sense to keep him.  No one ever complained about his outlines.  But the show still sucks under EK/PM worse than before, sadly.  

• Members

Lorainne Broderick was HW at OLTL from 2001-03

When Michael Malone & Josh Griffith returned she became a BDW

Patrick Mulcahey does not like Mob characters to be good guys. That is why people are finally opening up to whom Sonny is: A Mobster who kills people. I am all for it.

• Members

The show has been a snoozfest.

The scenes with Ava and Nina today were good. Too bad there was no slapping, hair pulling, drag out fight.

Tomorrow actually looks interesting.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Is this wedding ever going to begin?  The show was talking about the wedding so long I assumed it was going to be an entire week event.  It looks like tomorrow?  

Are we not going to see the Coney Island stuff?  That's silly.

I will have to say Jason saying he will give Danny a ride home as a CLIFFHANGER was may be the worst I have seen yet.

The Jagger/Ava scenes were far more interesting and a better cliffhanger.

Edited by carolineg

• Members
Posted (edited)

My hunch: Frank Valentini has kept Chris Van Etten on as a breakdown writer, because Chris gets Frank's style (...and in case things w/ Elizabeth Korte & Patrick Mulcahey don't work out).

Edited by Khan

• Members

-- Agree about the wedding. It's taken so long to get here. I hardly cared before, but I care even less now. The previews showed a quick shot of Lois at the wedding. I hope her hair isn't as bad as I think it is.

-- Yes, that "cliffhanger" wasn't. It all seems intentional to me, because the Ava/Jagger scene made so much more sense as the closing scene. I really think they believe they're doing something different, something intentional and against the grain, something unexpected. It doesn't work.

-- "The scenes are longer and the dialogue is better" just isn't enough for me. This transition has been a mess. Chem testing new couples? I'm good with that, but not with so many characters at once. The same goes for job changing.

-- I have no idea where this show is going, and the proof is that we're talking so much about who's really in charge BTS.

• Members

I can't imagine that they had anything remotely like the budget that would have been needed to really do Coney Island. 

Then we're supposed to have 3 days of the wedding & the wedding reception. So, the rest of the week. They spent a week taping it. 

• Members

I don't care much at all about the wedding, but all the details that were discussed about what they were doing for the rehearsal and what not I'd thought we'd at least see it.  Tbh, Lois's hair has been a bit of a mess this entire return.

Maybe they are doing something intentional with the cliffhangers.  I thought maybe they'd flip back to Ava and/or Jagger separately for the last scene.  But, nope, just Jason telling Danny he'd give him a ride.  THE END.  Lol

I don't need anything fancy for fake Coney Island.  Maybe just a room with festive wedding decorations and Tracy snarking on having to eat a hot dog.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

Re: the wedding. It does seem like GH is hyping it up to be a lot more than it really is. Like ChaLynn had been the A couple the entire time they’ve been together or something. But I am looking forward to whatever may happen.

And I enjoyed Ava vs. Nina too. The biggest reason being was that both women were on an even playing field. The last writing team would have made it so anti-Nina that the whole fight would’ve been laughable. 

But, as for Drew being a politician…

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Oh, sorry, I was talking about naming a random, unrelated character after her.  It doesn't seem like much of a tribute, especially if the only commonality is that she shares Amy's most annoying traits (and that's all there is to the character).

I think I saw those first few 2010s Nurses Balls and now that you mention it, I remember Lucy's speech and had no problem with it.  Now that I think about it, I also want to say Amy's photo was on that tribute wall at the hospital they showed during Bobbie's memorial - I seem to remember a shot of Laura pausing.  I just heard a character talk about a birthday party for "Amy" at the hospital and had a sense of deja vu.