ALL: Best friend turned backstabber-man-stealer-home-invader trope

• Members

I have this strange fixation with these types of storylines.

Please register in order to view this content

The best friend, turned husband stealer, back-stabber, home-invader, All about Eve type of conniving character and the storyline that follows.

One example can be the OG Bold - Caroline and Brooke were best friends, all while Brooke was plotting and lying to her, trying to get her distant from Ridge and take Ridge for herself - she ended up hiding letters and doing many other things... TO HER BEST friend. 

I am very interested in more examples like this one or even different variations. The most important part the best friend characteristic... they should start as besties... and then the ulterior motive or change evolve in time. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'll nominate an old favorite, Days of Our Lives Stephanie Woodruff and Mary Anderson.  Stephanie insinuated herself into Mary’s life, only to try to steal her boyfriend and her father!  Because she was secretly the presumed dead Brooke Hamilton, the illegitimate daughter of town magnate Bob Anderson.  The poor wretch died in a car crash (twice).