BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Also, keep in mind the show is IN DEVELOPMENT. This does not mean it has been given a series order or handed a pilot just yet. This is a big turn of events in that instead of game shows/talk shows being developed to possibly replace a soap, we're actually getting a soap that might replace a talk show...

• Webmaster

I loved that sound at the end. I don't know why.

Keep in mind, instead of PGP... it's now P&G Studios. This is the BIGGEST part of the story, IMO. This means they are back in the TV production game after being out for awhile, at least in scripted content.

• Members
Posted (edited)

So, is this the part where I can say I worked indirectly with Marc Pritchard at P&G years ago and I know him to be a trustworthy man with morals who won’t put his name on sh!t? 

Initimidating as hell, but appreciates good and hard work. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Webmaster

Hate to say it because I like some of the folks over there, but 2:00 p.m. ET/1:00 p.m. PT. Unless, CBS opts to shift B&B to 2:30 with the new soap following Y&R. It's not unheard of since Y&R starts at the half-hour mark as well.

• Members

I had a cheeky thought and giggled. What if we get Angie, Jessie, VR as someone new and like, Jessica Griffin?

Please register in order to view this content

Every living black actor who has done soaps in the recent past may come out for this.

Let’s discuss Procter & Gamble’s role in this. Did they hear me cursing them out for years for their abandonment of soaps and how they’ve been foolishly ignoring opportunities to create venues to advertise their own products? It would be good if they could have a separate streaming platform from CBS but somehow I don’t think they’re that smart.

• Webmaster

I wouldn't expect anything less. They'd have to develop another show to fill an hour slot, or have B&B finally become an hour which won't happen due to international distribution deals.

The fact CBS will actually OWN a soap opera for the first time ever, even more reason to make it an hour. More ad dollars and better for streaming eye balls to keep people tuned in and subscribed.

• Webmaster

After the pandemic, they need a show to get people to buy their products through. Saves them money from having to spend it on advertising the products themselves. Just saying...