GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

Loved the return with LW/Carly and SBu. Jason's teary eyes really got to me. I flove reunion scenes. They hit me in the feelz pretty hard this time. I teared up with Carly and Jason reuniting. Loved it. My favorite scenes with his return so far.

Mansi, the powerhouse that she is, was a shoe-in for me as Kristina from the get-go. They swooped her up when they decided to go with this surrogacy s/l. Who is responsible for going out and getting her? I liked Lexi well enough, but her youthful looks made it impossible for me to take her seriously. Even the SHank cult story was a bit over her head. Hell, I could barely accept LA as a bartender. lol

I'm sorry to say that the close ups with KeMo when she was next to Olivia were very harsh. I've never seen the lines on her face like that before. Maybe she stopped with the fillers like half of Hollywood is doing now. The very beautiful Olivia (not sure of the actress' name) looked like the younger of the two when they had scenes together. Yikes.

Edited by Beachstorm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hmmm...when you make me think about it...I guess I have accepted KMansi as Kristina.

But at first...NO. They recasted her and then tried to do a major storyline with her with the surrogate. What they should have done...and ended up doing since we had a series of Molly recasts at the same time...was introduced her gradually with her own side story, allowing the audience to get used to her and get to know her and THEN do the surrogate storyline. 

And it did not help that they tried to set Kristina up as if she was AJ-lite among the Davis girls when to my knowledge...that was not how Kristina was under Lexi. Headstrong yes. But never-do-well no. So I'm really glad they stopped doing that, allowing me to like Kristina more.

Now if Lexi wanted to come back...I would be down. The one I'm used to. And also I really and truly loved the tension between Lexi and Eden's Joss. I was so looking forward to the rivalry (Carly's girl vs Sonny's girl) that the writers started to built before the recast. 

Thank you for the information. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Both almost cried. He had real angst in his voice with 3 lines:

Carly?

It's really me.

I'm sorry it took so long. 

Now he's learned about Bobbie's passing. One down. Britt & Epiphany to go.

I've been playing & singing along with "Reunited (and it feels so good)" 

I fully expect Carly to break up with Drewfus. But I don't necessarily think that will mean an immediate pairing of Jason & Carly, at least not immediately. Who knows down the road. (Added: Do we think I need to say "immediate" maybe 4 or 5 times?!! LOL!!!)

I had no objections to Lexi. But, it is true NOW that I like Kate's Kristina more. And I think 

Blaze is an excellent pairing. But they've got to have them on at least once a week. Once a month is not goin' to cut it. The most popular YT of them is 2-23 making love & yesterday it was at 4.5 million views!

Lisa LoCicero

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

Lisa LoCicero is only 5 or 6 years older than KeMo.  Even though she's Dante's mother lol.   KeMo has always looked a little rougher around the edges even when she was younger.  LLC clearly has fillers and takes care of herself, so it's not even strange to me she looks younger.  She looks younger than Dante most of the time.

I was a big Lexi supporter but the fact is the girl just never stopped looking like a teenager.  In about 10 years LA might be happy about that, but Mansi looks like an adult. Mansi is doing a great job, but I do think Lexi could have handled the material.  It's a shame Lexi didn't get more story and airtime for so long though.  I like both actresses.

I still think they may pair Jagger with Carly, not Jason.  I could see Jagger and Ava too though.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Could work.  I didn't think about that.  Jagger is pretty much a blank slate, so you could really put him anywhere.  I was just assuming it would be someone closer to Sonny so Sonny gets to throw a tantrum.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I agree. Although some day they might do Carly & Jason, the Romance, but I feel like right now they're gonna stick with the Best Friends who also are soulmates, thing. 

This is exactly what some of us are saying to FV & NV on Twitter, meaning we are saying it to their assistants. 

I am pretty sure that's what Dan & Chris were doing. Might still go with it. Might not. 

• Members

Some of the comments in here are exactly why actors fück up their faces.

It sounds like some of you would have been advocating for recasting Kimberly McCullough in the 90s because she looked too young to play adult Robin. Lexi Ainsworth is talented, an Emmy winner and played the role for a decade. Just...write for her. Nothing about Kristina's current story needed a recast, all she is is pregnant.

Lisa LiCicero is beautiful and talented but her face is full of fillers, you lose fat in your face as you age not gain. Every wrinkle in her face is literally filled in. It's funny because I've been thinking how much better Kelly Monaco looks lately, she's stopped or paused whatever she was doing to her face, especially her lips. To me she looks and sounds so much better than she has in a long time.

I found last week very engaging and as someone who cannot stand Jason, Sonny or Carly that's saying something. I've found the characters suddenly have personalities and varied perspectives and reference history. My first thought when Olivia arrived at the hospital was "This is like when Sonny shot Dante" so to have that be the first thing she was said to Sonny was both surprising and in character.

If this show were to reveal Ava to be behind all of this (at this point I'm all for shifting the focus of the whole damn show to Ava as Mob Queen with Sonny diminished and struggling to regain power and position) I'd call it the best thing GH has done in 20 years. 

And truthfully I'm most thankful we don't have to deal with amnesia or twin (triplet?!) bullshït.

• Members

Not you with your relentless Oppenheimer security clearance hearing-coded posts!

Please register in order to view this content

I do think you're right that Lexi should be allowed to age however she likes and certain material (specifically Dante's bedside) would hit differently for me with her there. That being said I think Mansi is doing a very solid job with a boring storyline, and I'm not just referring to the surrogacy lol. Her romance with this elevated dayplayer only works because the actors sell it, and I'm not sure Lexi could. I remember that mess with Ashley Jones. I think both executive mismanagement and disinterest re: the Davis girls for over a decade and certain elements of LA's performance had left the character in a rut, and now it feels somewhat new again. Would I blink if Lexi came back? Not really, I expect it eventually. But would I expect her to get any story, or really throw me for a loop onscreen and grab me again? Nope. So it's a vicious cycle.